SASS Wire Forum

Rossi Question

Tater Head

Howdy Pards,

have a question about my new never fired Rossi 92 .45 LC (Unloaded) that has the action closed, and the loading gate is stuck in the down position. She locked up tighter than a drum. The lever is completely down and won't budge.

I've tried calling Rossi several times and have been on hold for more than 30 minutes each time. I get impatient and hang up. From reading the instructions for sending it in they say I have to ship on my dime. Do they send it back on my dime?

Is there a simple fix I can do ? I plan on sending the rifle to Steve'sGunz for and action job. Would it be cost effective just to have Steve fix when is does the work? He doesn't list a phone number.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks/

Tater

I'd send it straight to Steve. He's going to have to take it apart anyway. I certainly would not force it open at this point, it sounds as if something has come loose inside. Just wondering, How did the lever get in the down position with the bolt closed?

There is a small screw on the right side, back of the loading gate. This screw secures the loading gate. If it loosens, then the laoding gate can lock up the lifter, which can lock up the lever.

I suggest trying this screw with you fingernail to see if it is overly loose. Do not use a screwdriver, since it may void your warranty, or Rossi may charge you.

This sounds like an easy issue to me.

I had the same issue with mine , it was the small screw on the right side. Im sure that Steve will come in with his suggestion. If you are sending it to him , I would not worry about the repair(lock up) and just send it to him.

I tuned mine up with his DVD tutor. Works great. Don't forget to replace the plastic piece on the cartridge follower spring. Steve offers a SS one the works well.

Crash

I'd send it straight to Steve. He's going to have to take it apart anyway. I certainly would not force it open at this point, it sounds as if something has come loose inside. Just wondering, How did the lever get in the down position with the bolt closed?

If you want it to sit in his shop for 6-9 months. He's a busy, busy man. Call, or email him, first.

Archived