SASS Wire Forum

NON CAS Question

Blackwater 53393

I often wear bib overalls and a tee shirt, (or a henley in the winter) and I was wondering about a holster rig for concealed or semi-concealed carry. I often carry a two shot .45 cal derringer in my back pocket, but when I wear slacks or jeans I carry my 1911 or my Taurus 450 in a belt slide, sometimes with my shirt tail out to hide them and sometimes open.

Anyway, other than strapping on a regular gun belt, which would look odd at best, does anyone have a good suggestion on day to day gun gear for use with my overalls?

Thanks Allie! That might work, but I'd hafta buy bigger overalls! :wacko: Mine are already a product of Omar the tent maker, but when these wear out I may just try something like that!

Could be a little warm in the summertime........... :unsure:

Dillon and others offer two or three models of a very lightweight, inexpensive, nylon and rubber holster meant to slide in your pocket, keep the weapon from printing and "grab" the inside of your pocket, leaving the holster behind when you pull the weapon.

Thanks, Cat. I wear my clothes a little on the tight side and again, I'd have to buy larger overalls. It may be what I eventually have to do, but they flap and slap around when I ride my motorcycles, which I do a lot, all year.

Or I could lose some weight, and then have to buy new clothes including my entire cowboy wardrobe!! :o:ph34r::lol:

One thing I wondered about was the concealment shirts with a built in shoulder holster. I haven't found them in left handed or in long sleeve. On top of everything else, they are usually $50.00 or more. I guess I could buy one and get my mom, who tailors, to make me a few!!

These are good ideas, folks! Keep 'em coming. I'm looking for something that my be impossible, but we're getting some good ideas.

Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, I swear by them these days! Made of a synthetic, they grip the pocket so the holster stays in. Galco makes a pretty good leather one, comes a close second. My favorite model has rough out leather with a 'hook' at the bottom end at the trigger guard to keep the holster in the pocket.

www.desantisholster.com

www.galcogunleather.com

Thanks, Don! I'll check it out.

I'm really not looking at pocket applications. A 1911 doesn't fit in even these large pockets well. The Taurus? Maybe.

how about a chest holster to fit under your bib? they come in all shapes and sizes, I bet you could find one to fit you nicely.

Good idea! I have a large chest holster for a 10" Super Blackhawk. Something smaller might be the ticket!

Belly band for the flatter 1911.

Ankle holster for your Taurus 450.

Plus your derringer in your back pocket.

I prefer ankle holsters to all other modes of carry. The gun is out of the normal eye movement for most people. I like that it makes me think about backing out of a situation or kneeling out of normal line of fire to get to the gun. Don't knock it till you try it.

Blackwater, my bibs are not tight but not baggy either. I use an appendix holster with a radical slant and a belt under the bibs. There is an area that a 4" or under barrel will wear very comfortable.

Hey pard, Google either the Glock store or undertech. They have the pistol pocket compression "T" shirts. both left & right, long or short sleeve, and different neck styles. C-U, C.W. :)

WOW. I'm glad you cleared that up. I thought you were wearing the tight clothes just to show off your girlish figure!

Sorry I lost track of this thread the last couple of days!!

Blackwater, my bibs are not tight but not baggy either. I use an appendix holster with a radical slant and a belt under the bibs. There is an area that a 4" or under barrel will wear very comfortable.

I'd like a picture or two. Got any?

Hey pard, Google either the Glock store or undertech. They have the pistol pocket compression "T" shirts. both left & right, long or short sleeve, and different neck styles. C-U, C.W. :)

I'll check it out. See you soon, my friend.

WOW. I'm glad you cleared that up. I thought you were wearing the tight clothes just to show off your girlish figure!

My weight runs up and down lately like a window shade!! I DO look good though, don't I?? :rolleyes::lol:;)

Had a retired cop friend who carried a Colt Commander Lightweight .455 acp in a cheap leather belt slide holster on a thong around his neck. It hung down inside the bib on his overalls and he had a Remington double derringer in the center pocket on the bib.

Most folks weren't aware that he was carrying anything at all.

Give it a try.

Archived