SASS Wire Forum

45 bullet for CAS and Wildbunch - Same?

Zekest Crowe

For them that shoot both Cowboy Action Shooting and Wildbunch:

Do you use the same bullet in your 45 ACP reloads as you do in your 45 (Long) Colt reloads?

Fer example, 200 grain lead cast RNFP sized at .452 for 45 Colt, or do you use a bullet sized at .451 for your 45 ACP reloads?

Yep. Useed the same 200Gr RNFP for both before I gave up WBAS. Even used the same load. Ordered .452 bullets and didn't bother with 001 difference in bore.

Coffinmaker

Yep, 200 gr RNFP in both. Same rifle PF too. Don't see any advantage to going lighter in Cowboy matches than the 170 PF in the WB rifle load.

For best accuracy, you probably want 0.452" size slugs for .45 auto lead bullet loads!

Good luck, GJ

I use the 200 gr RNFP called the Cowboy #4 from Missouri Bullet Company for 45 colt, ACP, and Cowboy Specials. It works great for me, and they are a great company to do business with.

+1

I am a firm believer in KISS. Missouri Bullet is a terrific company, but I am pretty sure my mailman hates them. Those boxes are heavy. You would think the we're filled with lead or something

Been shooting IPSC for so long I forgot. I have several 1911's. My experience is that a .451 bullet in a .452 barrel makes for poor accuracy. Your experience my vary.

+1

I am a firm believer in KISS. Missouri Bullet is a terrific company, but I am pretty sure my mailman hates them. Those boxes are heavy. You would thin the we're filled with lead or something

Yours too?

MBC, all I have used for years too.... And they are .452s............ For all you "bullseye" shooters..........

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=78&category=5&secondary=13&keywords=

Do you use the same bullet in your 45 ACP reloads as you do in your 45 (Long) Colt reloads?

Fer example, 200 grain lead cast RNFP sized at .452 for 45 Colt, or do you use a bullet sized at .451 for your 45 ACP reloads?

Yes; 45/.452 200RNFP for 45ACP and 45S&W, 45/.452 250RNFP for 45LC

200 gr RNFP would be the most common.

I do not shoot .45 caliber rifles, and my 1911 handles LSWCs very well. My common bullet is a 185 grain LSWC. I use these in .45 ACP, .45 CS and .45 Colt cartridges.

Thank you all, Pardners.

I knew I could count on my fellow Cowboys and Cowgirls for practical real-world information from years of experience.

~ Zekest Crowe

As a SASS BP competitor, I use different bullets from smokeless NRA bullseye. Different weights, different grooves (depth & number), different lubes, different shapes. :)

200 RNFP in rifle, good ole 230 RN in the 1911

JB nailed it. The 230gr rn feeds better for me and for equivalent power factors the heavier bullet feels less "snappy."

For them that shoot both Cowboy Action Shooting ™ and Wildbunch:

No.

Actually, that "TM" belongs after "Wild Bunch" as it is a registered trademark of SASS, whereas Cowboy Action Shooting is a common use phrase in use to describe SASS, W3G and NCOWS.

But, in answer to your question... Yes. Also use it in the Cowboy45Special.

I would think that sweeping up the bullet bits and gluing em back together would be real tedious, but iffn ya got lots of time on yer hands I guess ya could reuse them. I'm way to lazy to do that, I just order up more bullets and use them in my brass rather than try to reuse bullets.

:D

JB nailed it. The 230gr rn feeds better for me and for equivalent power factors the heavier bullet feels less "snappy."

I'm with John Barleycorn and Buffy.

I prefer 45ACP bullets in the 45ACP😋 Like 230 RN or the 200 RN.

The 230 feeds flawlessly, hits factor easy and with nice easy recoil👍

My bullet of choice comes from www.ringersbullets.com (shameless I Know)😛

Regards,

Ringer

Archived