SASS Wire Forum

10mm madness,

ORNERY OAF

Pards,

Its finally time to buy... I have been wanting a 10mm for a good, long time. I have narrowed my choice down to two. Its between the rock island 10mm 1911 and the EAA Witness elite match. NO, Not the GLOCK!...yes its probably onehelluva gun, but i got a bunch and need something else..i plan on shooting reloads as i have been reloading for 20 years or so as many here have. I know with all the gun guys/galls here there are probably tons of experiance with one or both of these guns. I choose the elite match version due to some reported issues with the regular gun and the rock island due to awesome customer service and the great 1911 45acp i already own from them.....ok pards, tell me what ya think and know!!!

I love my 10 mm.Can't help you with what you are looking at.Mine is a S&W.

Pards,

Its finally time to buy... I have been wanting a 10mm for a good, long time. I have narrowed my choice down to two. Its between the rock island 10mm 1911 and the EAA Witness elite match. NO, Not the GLOCK!...yes its probably onehelluva gun, but i got a bunch and need something else..i plan on shooting reloads as i have been reloading for 20 years or so as many here have. I know with all the gun guys/galls here there are probably tons of experiance with one or both of these guns. I choose the elite match version due to some reported issues with the regular gun and the rock island due to awesome customer service and the great 1911 45acp i already own from them.....ok pards, tell me what ya think and know!!!

I bought an EAA Witness 9mm last year. I was replacing an EAA Witness .38super that i had traded off because the ammo was too hard to find and expensive as well. At the time, i read of EAA Witness 10mm having trouble with the frame of the gun breaking due to the higher power of the gun. There were no failures with the 9mm, reported. My 9mm works just fine. if I were you I would go for the Rock Island 10mm 1911.

Buy the Rock Island Armory. They have a good reputation for a reason. You can research them and other 1911 manufacturers here http://forum.m1911.org/forum.php

I may be wrong but AFAIK EAA does not have their own manufacturing facilities. Instead they contract out to other manufacturers that make firearms with the EAA name on them.

If you have the extra cash, Kimber makes a nice 10mm 1911 with adjustable sights. I'd suggest if you're getting a 10mm 1911 to get the Chip McCormick mags, I've had nothing but problems with Kimber's 10mm mags.

If I was going with a 10, and if my choice was between the EAA and the RIA, I'd go with the RIA1911.

About the witness, if its made in Brazil, the metal might be softer than whats used else where.

The ten is about the same as 41 magnum. S&W made great 10's barely used guns available from the fbi that shoot great and are in excellent condition and the 1006 can do it all day long. Good luck what ever you buy, Lee

About the witness, if its made in Brazil, the metal might be softer than whats used else where.

The ten is about the same as 41 magnum. S&W made great 10's barely used guns available from the fbi that shoot great and are in excellent condition and the 1006 can do it all day long. Good luck what ever you buy, Lee

Actually the EAA witnesses are made in Italy....I like the 1006 too but they go for a grand now days...I was looking for a da/sa model but the witness I'm looking at (elite match) is sa only...so might just go with the ria.

Archived