SASS Wire Forum

22 LR @ Midway

Hashknife Cowboy

Any Standard Velocity or just High?

You can set up to be notified when the High Velocity CCI MiniMags in a 1600 package comes in. But it's COMING SOON, not in stock yet.

The usual price around here for CCI was in 100 round plastic boxes @ around $8.00 awhile back when they were on dealers shelves. Same for SV, HV or HPs. The price they're asking for that 1600 package works out to $6.87/100

Of course, they don't have any yet but they say they're "coming soon".

When I was a kid we would walk 4 miles to the hardware store at the edge of town and buy 22 ammo.. Hardware store would sell them for 50 cents a box or a penny a piece. Hard to believe what it costs today......................

My last purchase of .22 ammo was CCI Blazers at approx. $90 or $95 per case (5000 rds).

this averaged at $9 per brick.

At the same time, as most of you know, Walmart was selling the BULK packs of 500 and 550 rounds for about $8.49.

Hey BANDIT, I remember those days. Actually, our corner grocery store carried the Remington/Peters brand of .22 ammo for about 30-cents a box, if I remember correctly. And I can vaguely remember some Winchester/Western boxes of 50 in those yellow boxes.

At that time, I ain't even sure CCI's were being produced (1960).

..........Widder

Use Standard Velocity for bullseye. All that I could find lately have been high velocity or mini mags.

When I was a kid we would walk 4 miles to the hardware store at the edge of town and buy 22 ammo.. Hardware store would sell them for 50 cents a box or a penny a piece. Hard to believe what it costs today......................

If you look at inflation from 1954 to 2014, a penny is worth $ .0866 today in round numbers, or about 8.5 cents.

Archived