SASS Wire Forum

Ammo and Powder Thaw

Swift Stoney 49735

Jan and I went to Nashville, TN last weekend and about 20 miles outside of town we stopped for fuel. As I was fueling the car I looked across the street and saw a gun shop called, I think, The Armory. We decided to stop in and see what they had. Let me say it was Utopia! I found 2 one pound bottles of TiteGroup and plenty of other powders on the shelf. I saw an 8 lb canister of Promo, some American Select and a bunch of other powders. Then, after getting over the powder shock, I wandered over to the cartridge section and saw all the 22s a person could ask for. Having just inventoried mine and discovering I had somewhere north of 4,000 rounds, I figured I could probably manage for a few months and did not buy any. By the way, they were priced reasonably. I think we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. If you are hoarding ammo with the expectation of making a profit, I suggest you consider making your move very soon or you are going to be sitting on some very expensive product with no market.

East, west, north or south of town. I may be going that way soon.

The Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet, TN(10 minutes west of Lebanon) had several bottles of Unique, Titegroup, and some others last week.

Hey hey what the heck are doing looking at smokeless powder?? :P

The gun shop/range I work at part time just got some powders in they they had on back order for almost a year! I grabbed a can of Tite-Group for myself. He also has a bunch of Winchester primers (don't like 'em) and a boatload of .22's and some .380 which was scarce for sometime now. Things are loosening up now if you hoarders would just stop buying, everything will get back to normal!

Rye

Hooray for Tenn!! Still next to nothing down here in Texas!!!

Al

I was talking to one of the salesmen at Fin-Feather-Fur here in Ohio last week. They had lots of primers and powder on the shelves I told him that some people were still having problem in the

west getting components. He said that they have shipped a lot to the western states because they were short on components. Hopefully you will see supplies pick up in a few months. The shooting has slowed down here in the cold east so demand may have slacked up. Good luck!

Archived