SASS Wire Forum

WTB Once fired 32 short brass

Come On Christmas

P.m. Me your address and I will send the moola Friday when I get paid via GPO M.O.

Ain't they fun to shoot. Hell 22's are still a little scarce what.

More other pards. More Brass

Blacksmith Jim,

If Crayfish doesnt need the brass let me know, I will take it.

just remember guys with BP or a BP sub, these will be fine for side match fun but will not make smoke factor, can't put enough in them to produce the required smoke.

KK

I only shoot mine in side matches, and you for sure cant put 1cc by volume into a 32SW case. I'm doubting anybody would want to shoot a 32SW as a main match gun, but it would seem that if you were, and you filled her up with BP or sub, that whatever smoke it made would be enough. But angain, I'm not ever going to shoot them in a main match.

I am going to get a 1860 Henry in 44-40, along with a pair of pistols in 44-40, and when I do, I'll be stuffin as much BP in them as will fit, and nobody wll doubt I am making smoke factor!

just remember guys with BP or a BP sub, these will be fine for side match fun but will not make smoke factor, can't put enough in them to produce the required smoke.

KK

Well, I don't know about that. They have to make smoke equivilent to the baseline load, shot in sequence, for that given day. I loaded some test loads of 15 gr of Cowboy Goex, with a 125gr SPG lubed bullet. I also loaded some with the same bullet, but with APP 3f in increments, starting at 7 gr and working up to 15 gr. Tested side by side, with unbiased witnesses, all produced more smoke than the baseline load except the 7 gr was getting a little iffy. I think there would be no problem getting enough into a 32 case with compression.

I jest shoot Senior and I can pretty much shoot what I want.

Interestingly, the short dogs are more accurate through my 1933 and 1943 Nagants. One from Tula one from Iveresk. I also don't have to crimp them.

I only shoot monthly matches.

Well, I don't know about that. They have to make smoke equivilent to the baseline load, shot in sequence, for that given day. I loaded some test loads of 15 gr of Cowboy Goex, with a 125gr SPG lubed bullet. I also loaded some with the same bullet, but with APP 3f in increments, starting at 7 gr and working up to 15 gr. Tested side by side, with unbiased witnesses, all produced more smoke than the baseline load except the 7 gr was getting a little iffy. I think there would be no problem getting enough into a 32 case with compression.

Tell that to the guy who was DQ'ed from EOT a couple years back. and yes a 32 long or 32 H&R will be fine but 32S&W will not

KK

Tell that to the guy who was DQ'ed from EOT a couple years back. and yes a 32 long or 32 H&R will be fine but 32S&W will not

KK

Beau Ryker? I told him before he left that he would be called out, and that his smoke was marginal. But he was too hard headed to listen. That was the first year of the smoke standard and I knew they were going to make an example of someone. He was loading cowboy IIRC, no where near enough smoke.

Archived