SASS Wire Forum

Wellington Boot Source

:FlagAm: Trying to locate source for black leather Wellington dress boots. The kind Andy used to wear on Mayberry. I used to find them all over but have spent several days on fruitless searches on internet. I have large wide feet with high instep. Pointy toe cowboy boots look like snow skies in my size. I tried ropers but the narrow uppers make the difficult for me to pull on and off. I see on internet and in retail stores only work wellingtons with lugg soles and steel toes, cowboy or western wellingtons which are just ropers by another name. Some English riding boots are close but prices are out of my budget (several hundred $ a pair). I really want to find a classic wellington boots with stovepipe top, wide uppers, round toe, and flat walking heel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

SaukValley Sam

Try Red Wing Boots. They specialize in wide sizes and have a large selection of slip on boots.(Website lists 45 different styles.) You should be able to find an actual store front in the San Antonio area where you can try them on.

• Thanks for all the replies. Shadow Catcher, my apologies for not mentioning that English wellingtons and US wellingtons appear to be two different items.

Bugs Bonney and Sedalia Dave, my thanks to you also but I have looked at those sites and all they carry are heavy work wellingtons. I am looking for dress style like the photo.

I finally found a source with nomenclature of Mens 10 Inch Black Ranch Wellington Boot at http://workingperson.com/double-h-3104-mens-10-inch-black-ranch-wellington-boot-424.html but they have been discontinued.

Thanks for all the replies however.

image_43151.jpg

Archived