SASS Wire Forum

They do exist!

Dorado

So yesterday I braved the Christmas Crazies that were out doing their best impressions of bumper cars so that I could get my ears lowered. Afterwards I felt like going over to a Vietnamese place and get me some lunch. I ended up talking with this lady sitting at the table next to me. Well she finished her lunch before me, paid and left. A little while later I finished and got up to go pay when the cashier said that my bill has already been taken care of. The woman I was talking to picked up my check for me. I've never had that happen before that it wasn't business related. That made my weekend.

But now I have a problem. Problem now is I'm going to be going out to eat to find someone to pay for, I want to pay it forward but I don't want to seem like I'm hitting on them or being creepy. Jeez....a random act of kindness and now I'm left stumped on what to do. lol If that's the worst of my problems then I've got it pretty good huh?

Donate some money to a food bank and call it even.

Donate some money to a food bank and call it even.

Yeah I don't trust the food bank people to use the money properly. They'd just pocket it. I may see about buying some canned goods and donating them.

Wait until you see a cop or a serviceman or a fireman eating at the same time you are. Signal the waitress over or just go to the cashier and tell them what you are doing. Hand over enough to cover the meal and a tip, and be anonymous about it; no need to get their actual bill.

It feels good; done it myself.

Wait until you see a cop or a serviceman or a fireman eating at the same time you are. Signal the waitress over or just go to the cashier and tell them what you are doing. Hand over enough to cover the meal and a tip, and be anonymous about it; no need to get their actual bill.

+10

So yesterday I braved the Christmas Crazies that were out doing their best impressions of bumper cars so that I could get my ears lowered. Afterwards I felt like going over to a Vietnamese place and get me some lunch. I ended up talking with this lady sitting at the table next to me. Well she finished her lunch before me, paid and left. A little while later I finished and got up to go pay when the cashier said that my bill has already been taken care of. The woman I was talking to picked up my check for me. I've never had that happen before that it wasn't business related. That made my weekend.

But now I have a problem. Problem now is I'm going to be going out to eat to find someone to pay for, I want to pay it forward but I don't want to seem like I'm hitting on them or being creepy. Jeez....a random act of kindness and now I'm left stumped on what to do. lol If that's the worst of my problems then I've got it pretty good huh?

Don't worry about it Dorado, the time will come when you will be in a situation to pay it forward. I have had similar things happen, and the appropriate opportunity presented itself

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm usually at a loss when people do nice things for me, especially when they have no ulterior motive. I have one of my suppliers buy me lunch every now and then but that's because I've bought hundereds of thousands of dollars worth of lumber and material from him and he'd like to increase my business. Well, that and he's a nice guy who does right by his customers. I think I'll do what J-Bar said and just pick up someone elses tab.

Oh, I forgot to mention, afterwards I was coming out of our mall when a bunch of Airmen from the base stopped me and asked how to get to our Academy. I told them to just pile in my truck and I'd drive them there. Kinda funny having about 10 airmen in my little truck. Good thing I didn't have to go far.

Yep. Done it myself.

+100

I once paid for a soldier and his wife and they're little baby at a Bob Evans. Felt great! ;)

J-Bar nailed it. I've done it several times and it really feels great. Two years ago at Christmas time, I bought $25 gift cards to a popular local restaurant and walked into the local Navy recruiting office, asked the Chief how many sailors worked out of the office, and handed him cards for each of the recruiters. That one kept me feeling good for months!

Archived