SASS Wire Forum

Christmas commercials

So far it seems you're pretty much right. I haven't noticed the endless and lame 'Twas the Night Before Christmas parodies this year. But we still have a couple of weeks to go.

I don't watch TV any more, it's too depressingly dumb. (I tried turning up the Brightness control but that didn't help.) But the radio station I listen to on my daily commute has been running a badly butchered rendition of Jingle Bells. I don't even know what they're trying to sell, it's so bad.

One thing I haven't heard this year is the fake elf voice. I'm thankful for that.

I find it sad we live in a society that seems hell bent on denying Christianity but when it comes to Christmas, everyone is gung ho as long as they can make a buck.

I've always wondered: Why do the people who believe a fat man in a red clown suit can fly don't believe a man wearing a robe can walk on water.

I find it sad we live in a society that seems hell bent on denying Christianity but when it comes to Christmas, everyone is gung ho as long as they can make a buck.

I've always wondered: Why do the people who believe a fat man in a red clown suit can fly don't believe a man wearing a robe can walk on water.

We don't live in a society bent on denying Christianity. We live in a society with members who are outspoken about denying Christianity. Don't mistake them for the majority. I like how Jesus put it: "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."

Christmas is what you make of it. We all have a free will. To me, it is and always will be about those that are near and dear to me.

I outgrew the personal Christmas present thing when my kids came along. See that they learned the value of themselves and their family was all important to my wife and me.

What takes place between me and my deity is just that, between me and Him.

But I will say that some of the stuff I see on TV makes me embarrassed for the presenters.

I will say that I don't watch as much TV as I used to, but I haven't noticed the truly annoying commercials yet this year either. Hopefully, that will continue.

Doesn't everyone give their loved one a Lexus at Christmas? Heck, I gave 2 of them away last year. I played it smart though. Knew I couldn't afford it, so I used 2 different credit cards. Somehow, I still haven't paid off the balance.....wonder why. :huh:

Archived