SASS Wire Forum

There's Ammo on the shelves

Haven't shopped much lately, given the usually empty shelves. Stopped in at Riley's Gun Shop in Hookset, NH today...and came away with a block of 300 rounds of .22LR HP for 19.95 and 500 rounds of 5.56 for $179. Not bad, considering.

Riley's had almost no brass and no percussion caps; the powder selection was very limited.

LL

up here in the frozen north we suddenly have primers. now if the powder will show up. Canadians told me they had all kinds of rimfire ammo but no rifles. are we seeing a pattern here. GW

Was in Dunhams last night. No rimfire at all, as expected. What surprised me was how expensive their ammo was. I'll never darken their door again. They had plenty and were plenty proud of it.

A local gun shop has about 3/4 the normal stock of smokeless powders on their shelves. They don't have Accurate and one other brand, but pretty good amounts of the others. No rimfire stocked however. Ammo looks about normal, but as a reloader wouldn't know for sure.

It is slowly creeping back. The gun shop/range I work at part time has finally got some .22's in, we were out of .380 pretty quick since it seems to be a popular ammo for women self defense. Several of the large stores around are finally getting ammo and primers in. Powder is still in short supply.

Archived