SASS Wire Forum

Been trying to reach Mogollon Drifter for past 6 months, has anyone heard from him?

Red Knee

pm ed you

He sent me a message a couple of months back and it to him some time from the original post I don't think he hit the pc regularly as he is way too busy working.

Thanks Cheyenne for the pm. That phone number is the one I've been calling for months! Do you know of anyone who's been able to get in touch with him?

it's been months..... sorry

I'm trying to track him down for this reason.....I left a 1956 E model, million plus serial #, 97, uncut, in pristine shape, with him at EOT year before last. Drifter has always done excellent work on my 97's. He has engraved numerous 97's for me. He had a list of things to do to this one. Gun is nearly identical to the one Duece just bought. I paid a small fortune of my hard earned money for it, just like Duece did his. My guns serial # is 1013xxx. Anyway, Drifter stopped answering my calls about 6 months ago. Numerous calls, voice mails, emails, even pm'd him. No response! I tried to keep this issue private, I hate making it public, but I just want my @@@@ gun back! ANY help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. PM me or better yet, here's my cell 19188572395. Thanks

Hope this helps some--

Coyote Cap / Lasergraphic (summer shipping address) 21255 Independence Ave. Morristown MN 55052

(winter shipping address)

Coyote Cap / Lasergraphic

8125 West Gunsight Ridge

Mesa Del Caballo

Payson, AZ

Office Phone # (507) 685-4500 (April 15 - Oct 15)

Gun Shop Phone # (507) 330-0145 (Oct 15 - April 15)

Fax Line Phone # (507) 685-4635

Laser shop phone # (507) 838-0026

No I did not pay in advance. At EOT that year he engraved 3 or 4 other 97's for me. On this particular 97, he was to do an action job, new forend, and engrave on both sides of stock. He was just way to busy so I agreed to let him take it with him and send it back to me when finished. I paid him for everything he had done at EOT right then. I think(just an opinion), that something has happened to my 97. If he had it and was still workin' on it why wouldn't he answer my call and let me know, no big deal.

I think(just an opinion), that something has happened to my 97. If he had it and was still workin' on it why wouldn't he answer my call and let me know, no big deal.

I would tend to think your opinion is mistaken. Having met the young man I don't think it would be in character for him to do this. Also, taking into account that he has more business than he can handle, to the point of having to turn down jobs, tells me he doesn't need to do this. And finally, the old saying of "You don't crap where you eat" comes into play. The CAS community is his bread and butter, so why mess someone out of a max value shotgun of perhaps $1000, only to destroy his reputation among the very folks who do business with him. But, I guess it's easy for me to have this opinion when I have nothing invested. I just think you should not expect there to be some nefarious actions here.

why wouldn't he answer my call and let me know, no big deal.

You seem to not be connecting to him. That is most likely why he is not answering or returning the call.

Some folks don't carry a cell phone. I don't either. You can't just call and expect me to answer, almost any day of the year. You leave a message, I try to return it as soon as I find the message has been left.

If it's not a big deal, don't make it a big deal.

Drifter is a good cowboy. Hard to get a hold of. His Dad is a good cowboy, hard to get a hold of. Worth it when you do, for either of them. Drifter goes to tons of matches, to support his fellow shooters, and to get a little shooting in his own self. He's probably either on the road, or with his family (it is December, huh.)

Good luck, GJ

You seem to not be connecting to him. That is most likely why he is not answering or returning the call.

Some folks don't carry a cell phone. I don't either. You can't just call and expect me to answer, almost any day of the year. You leave a message, I try to return it as soon as I find the message has been left.

If it's not a big deal, don't make it a big deal.

Drifter is a good cowboy. Hard to get a hold of. His Dad is a good cowboy, hard to get a hold of. Worth it when you do, for either of them. Drifter goes to tons of matches, to support his fellow shooters, and to get a little shooting in his own self. He's probably either on the road, or with his family (it is December, huh.)

Good luck, GJ

Joe, In my post I stated all the methods I've tried to communicate with Drifter. It's not a matter of a missed call or two, it's not a matter of forgetting to return a voicemail....this has been going on for months and months, I've been extremely nice in all of my messages. I think I've also been more than patient.

In my earlier post when I said it's not a big deal, I was implying that it would not be a big deal if he called and said he wasn't finished workin on it, ok "no big deal".

I'm not trying to assassinate a fellow cowboys character or cause trouble. I hated to make this public but by Drifter ignoring ALL my attempts for the last 6 months, he's left me no other alternative. I thought for sure when I put up my initial post here that I would get a phone call from him and this would be resolved.

Nothing still.....

. I thought for sure when I put up my initial post here that I would get a phone call from him and this would be resolved.

Nothing still.....

You have already been informed that he almost NEVER reads the Wire. And yet you are still hoping that he will get on here and read your post.

That's just silly, in this one feller's opinion

He's probably in Payson, AZ, for the winter. See if you can contact one of the several pards around Payson who also read the Wire to keep their eyes out for him and ask him to get in touch with you. That has worked for me on another pard who was a lot harder to pin down than Drifter is.

If I didn't want to run down a pard, I sure wouldn't mention him in a poor light on the Wire, and I am sad if I have even come close to that in the past.

Good luck, GJ

Red Knee, a bit off the subject, but how are ya doin in Oklahoma? I wished I had made the state shoot over in Sand Springs this year. Just could not get my shirt goin in that direction.

Peace and be safe,

Oklahoma Dee

Archived