SASS Wire Forum

Calling out Chickasaw Bill

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ice is on and the fish are biting -I'm told. Kinda windy and 6 degrees right now. Think I'll just stay inside. When I'm done plowing out my facilities.

BMC, Did I see the Squallawhatever river near you raising cain and pushing houses around?

Chickasaw, the weather's got everybody trapped here. Not physically but mentally. DON'T WANNA get out in 14 degrees and 25 mph wind.

No Noz. The Snoqualmie (Sno-qal-me) has three forks coming out of the Cascades, and then at the town of

Snoqualmie there is a dam. The lower river runs through a series of small timber towns that are now bedroom communities to the urban areas to the west. The lower river runs through some second growth timber areas and some farm lands. I suspect that is where it picked up the trees and branches. The dam was plum full earlier this week and there was a lot of water coming over it. Some of the rivers higher up in the foot hills and mountains (Cascades) have cabins and vacation homes on river front property. My wife informed me this morning that somebody lost a cabin this week but I didn't see it on the news.

Strange thing is, I was reading on another fishing forum, that Blackman Lake, which is just up the road about 30 miles, and is a small impoundment lake that is open year round, had a drowning over the week end. Seems that some fellow took his inflatable kayak and went fishing. Some body spotted his partially submerged kayak and he is missing. NO PFD. Anybody on the water should have a PFD in the boat and with cold water, like now, should be wearing it. As of last report they had not recovered the body as yet. That lake is small, maybe five acres at tops. It runs about 25 feet deep at the middle. I suspect he may be down there, given the water temperature.

NOZ

been thinking on the cap jam problem , is it just 1 chamber doing it ?

BMC

as for a PFD . in this cold , it makes recovery easyer ,

even though I rarely wear one ,

CB

Nope. I thinking that the nipples were ones that J-Bar had given me because he had trouble with them. some of them on one gun were actuall too large in diameter for the caps to seat well. Tomorrow is my tear down day to see if there is a good explanation.

Headed out to meet with some fisher folks for breakfast this morning, and then this evening I am headed out

to meet with some gun toting folks for another meeting. I am turning into a social butterfly.

:huh:

I can use the regular cyls for that , just hard to load , with them short rams , tough on the hands

but , then again so is the 5 1/2 in 60s

CB :lol:

You know you can cut a piece of 1/2" plastic tubing to slip over the loading lever on the short barrel guns to protect your lily whites.

Why yes, yes I will!

The nerve damage sucks sometimes! When I shattered my feet they cut a lot of nerves opening them up to fish out the pieces. Not being able to tell when your feet are cold made for some interesting conversations at home. Take my boots off and my feet were all shades on white and blue. And wet. But I fished all day and caught a ton! Feeling starting to come back after several years. Melted the soles off a couple pairs of shoes sitting the fire with pards too. Oops.

Archived