SASS Wire Forum

Calling out Chickasaw Bill

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMC

I have fished in the snow , I won couple of tourements , in that kind of weather , had to dunk the rods in the lake to clear the ice

got a bit wiser than that , maybe :huh:

fly fished with a dry , and the trout , seemed to think it was a hatch , jumped all over a white dry fly

fish is crazy , but so is fishermen

CB :lol:

I have heard of a burlap fly somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain bucket.

I think it was a steelhead fly tied by a local. Enos Bradner. I could be wrong on that.

I suspect that it represents a mayfly nymph to a trout.

With all of the materials that are available now, you can get almost any effect you want.

I came across some black chenille with blue and red flash woven in. Dynamite stuff for

dark flies. Maybe I will tie up some this week end. How about a dynamite black woolie

bugger with a black chrome bead head and some of that chenille?

ED: How about a burlap soft hackle. Start with a few turns of lead wire to get the sink.

Tie in a strand of burlap thread, or even a dubbed brown body, add some flash like

flashabou or kristalflash, and a soft grizzly hackle?

Fish it deep on the rise like a nymph on the make. Size 10 or 12 hook for trout and size 4 or 6

steelhead.

Badger

I looked at all the materals , on the shelves at a store , the other day

all sorts of , ideas came up , NONE that were practical

I would need a very BIG building , just to house it all

looked at the SPARKLE stuff , think it would add a lot of FLASH , maybe too much

CB

I did up a few 1/16 jigs with the peral , did well in stained water

Well, just got back from the rivers. Snoqualmie is falling and clearing. It is fishable but so many out today I just wet a line and then moved on. Will try again tomorrow when it is raining.

Skykomish is not fishable. Running high fast and dark. Will need for it to clear some before I try it.

I was told many years ago that there are only three colors that fish are attracted to: White, Yellow and Black.

All other colors attract the fishermen.

I brought the rock home with me.

BMC did ya leave a dummy on the rock ? so ya got a place on the bank

I brought the rock home with me, CB.

I was told many years ago that there are only three colors that fish are attracted to: White, Yellow and Black.

All other colors attract the fishermen.

Can't say that I agree with that, Noz, Orange and Chartreuse sure seem to count.

Have to agree with BMCBMC ^^^^ here. I've caught a lot of bass with a red crankbait and uncountable crappie with chartreuse or pink tube jigs.

Yeah, but what do you do to the them crankbaits afore you put them in the water? :o

Yeah, but what do you do to the them crankbaits afore you put them in the water? :o

Nothing to it. Just tie on a Bandit 200 series Red Crawfish onto a spinning outfit with 8-10 lb test line and drag it across a gravel bar; bass tear them up around here in the spring. Of course it helps if one knows where the best gravel bars are ;)

10093589.jpg

Nothing to it. Just tie on a Bandit 200 series Red Crawfish onto a spinning outfit with 8-10 lb test line and drag it across a gravel bar; bass tear them up around here in the spring. Of course it helps if one knows where the best gravel bars are ;)

10093589.jpg

AH HA! You gotta know where these honey hole gavel bars are located. I knew there was a trick to it.

I see that you are not using barbless hooks. Hook police are gonna get ya.

AH HA! You gotta know where these honey hole gavel bars are located. I knew there was a trick to it.

I see that you are not using barbless hooks. Hook police are gonna get ya.

Barbless hooks?

My preferred salmon bait as a kid was a nice big treble with a 1 oz. lead weight in the middle.....It had big nasty barbs...... Sure would like to have all that lead back now.......

So tell me. Here we are on page 8. Did we ever call out Chickasaw Bill?

I got so excited about the fish, I forgot all about Chickasaw Bill. He is on his own for fish. :lol:

Just like things happen, I was going to tie on some SUCKER SPAWN my #1 hooks for steelhead.

Couldn't find the right material so I used diamond braid. Looks kinda funny so I guess I will try it

and see if the fish care.

Used to use fresh sucker spawn too! A ball about the size of a quarter, wrapped in a red mesh pouch. Worked real well. Make some up and just run a hook through. Kinda sucked to fall and smash one in your pocket......

This is a yarn fly with loops only tied on the hook. If you smash one in a pocket you are gonna bleed.

I tied on some red thread on a red #1 Gamakatsu barbless hook and then bunched up three strands of diamond braid, two red on the side and silver in the middle. Sure is bright for roe, but I wonder if the fish will notice in dirty water.

I know that they can count because if you tie some mayflies, you are gonna need 2 or 3 tails, depending of the species.

FISH KNOW!

Archived