SASS Wire Forum

Calling out Chickasaw Bill

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever had all the bluegills you want? Not all you could eat, all you want?

Blue gills are like crawfish. Iffen you gots 2 hungry people and less than 5 gallons, you got a fist fight.

NOZ

come a bit closer to spring , it be time to discuss , a trip to find a few

not sure , I would want to stand over the fry pot , long enough to do a 5 gal bucket of em

CB

Have you ever fished Leatherwood?

NOZ

it has been at least 25 if not 30 years , since I even laid eyes on that place

last report , I heard on it , there was lots of pressure on it ,

and NO gas motors were allowed , to be on it , not sure if that is correct

but , there are better Bluegill holes closer

CB

It was built as a blue gill lake but I was told a couple of years back that they had introduced grass carp to control vegetation which they did and then ate the blue gill. I haven't talked to anyone about it for 5 or 6 years. Last guy was going there and using a trolling motor and bow fishing for some really big carp.

Y'all still yakin' about scaly little finned critters?

Badger

ya gots to use the PMA (positive mental Attutide ) thingy , or the other option

FISH MARKET , and a severe streching of the facts

CB :lol:

Ya know, that has crossed my mind. What is left of it, anyway.

A trip to the Pacific Fish Co. might be in order if the river is outta shapea

and the fish are still in Alaska. :lol:

The spot I ice fish is gonna be gining up 20-30 nice keeper gills and crappies to 15 inches in a month or so it looks like. A skim of ice now. Hopefully the cold weather coming at us will freeze up the channels enough to get out on.

I knew a SLOW FLO, once.

She was in my third grade class. Turned out that she owns a big

company and married a rich guy. Maybe not so slow.

Back to bait. What to use for Crappie fishing? Chicken stink bait?

If Crappie fishing, is crappie fishing, that is not a good omen is it?

Talk to me, give me the word on what will fill my plate with hot crispy

fish!

BMC

down here , we use LIVE bait , a good part of the time , But , I don't know the regs up there as to that ,

The shinne Hinne jigs , seem to be the go to artifical , folllowed by Road runners , and plastic minnows on a jig head

those baits , will catch most everything , favorite colors , chartruse , white , silver gray , depending on water color

I tend to use a flame / red head in dark water , the silver gray , appers to do better in clean water , around here

fish close to structure , if you don't get hung up ever now and then , you are not where the fish are

best I can think of right now

CB

NO LIVE bait other than worms or what you can catch in the lake. Too many amateur marine bioligist planting fish in rivers and lakes. I suppose that is how we got the pike minnows, walleye and spiny rays in some pristine lakes and rivers.

If we are getting into catching, we is gonna need a lot of fish and a lot of beer for

that fryer.

BMC

that take us to small jigs , and plastic minnows , 1/16 oz , in whatever is your favored color

some years back , I glanced at the regs up there , and cot confused as to what was legal , heck I was NOT even sure having a rod was :o

lucky , our are not that bed yet , the Hunting regs a few years back , were almost as bad , but , they have gotten rid of most of the double speak

Bass Pro , carried , a paddle tail plastic minnow , about 1 1/2 in long , that was my go to bait for several seasons , then the color changed

had a red hue to it , that did not catch as well as the older ones , I also have not seen the chart/black back in a lot of years

you might try a Christmas tree red head / green body / creame tail

lots of color combos to look at , been thinking about a flame head /silver / gray tail with a mylar strip added

CB

Archived