SASS Wire Forum

Calling out Chickasaw Bill

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a good skim of ice forming here but then temps near 50 and rain coming in. Was hoping to go right from muzzleloader season to ice fishing but it looks like I'll have time to work on a bathroom....

Me too

got a storm blowing in as I type this , wind be a kicking :o

maybe mid week

CB

I am thinking Tuesday or Wednesday.

Depends on the weather. We are looking for more rain all the next week. River conditions will prevail.

We had a good skim of ice forming here but then temps near 50 and rain coming in. Was hoping to go right from muzzleloader season to ice fishing but it looks like I'll have time to work on a bathroom....

Lucky you. Fish or bathroom. What a choice. :lol:

Somewhere there is a steelhead with my name on it.

Been thinking about smoking some for Christmas.

Got brown sugar, got salt, got smoke. I got it all but the fish.

Maybe some nice white fish on the smoke. :D

Somewhere there is a steelhead with my name on it.

Been thinking about smoking some for Christmas.

Got brown sugar, got salt, got smoke. I got it all but the fish.

Maybe some nice white fish on the smoke. :D

Man you're killing me! I love that stuff!!

Man you're killing me! I love that stuff!!

What is not to love, Noz? :)

I have a friend that is a retired crab fisherman. He owns two or three crab boats out of Dutch Harbor

Alaska. He makes a smoked salmon that would make a lame man leave home for it.

I have not earned those skills. But I try.

BMC

a bit hard to figure out fish , I have not been around ,

just thinking about trout , technics , we use here , with a bit of river fishing thrown in

heck , I would probley get skunked ,

CB

Trouts easy. Spincast rod with 8-10 pound line, 3 foot 6 pound dropper with a 1/2 oz bell sinker on it. #8 gold short shanked hook baited up with Green giant Niblets Corn. Throw it out in the bottom of the lake and pull the line up tight. String em up on a 1/4" rope and keep all you think you can get away with.

My favorite spinning rig for rainbows is a 10# line, or an 8 will do, thread on a slip sinker, 3/8 or 1/4 oz, then add a 1/2 inch corkie

and then a small bead. Tie into a swivel and come off the swivel on the other side with a 18 inch to 24 inch 6 pound leader, I

like Maxima Ultragreen leader. Let the weight and corkie, above the swivel, slide freely. The weight will go down and the corkie will go up and hold the bait off the bottom.

Well, I got me a memorial service today at 1400 hours, and dinner guest tomorrow, so I can just leave them rods standing where they are. All are rigged and ready to go. All I gots to do is select which one I am going to use.

Two years ago I bought a new spinning rod. Like I needed one as bad as another hole in my head. Anyway, I got it and went to put the reel on it. No fit. So I had to buy a new reel to fit it. Young kid that sold it to me was all het up about how popular it was with the steelhead crowd. Well, me being an old geezer, and liking my casting reels richt well, I sorta poo poo him on it. Then I picked up the darned thing and spun it a few times. Dang it was smooooooth. Another fisherman caught by a Shimano Sahara reel. Well, I loaded her up and put it on the new rod. Now they are fast becoming my go to set up for the big rivers.

Monday looks good if the weather holds. Should be getting some storms in here. Last week the Sky and Sultan looked bank high and fast. One boat was out with paying passengers, but the gravel bars was empty of people but full of water. Maybe that is why there were not any people on them.

Ya think?

Archived