SASS Wire Forum

New Hampshire: mutiny in the NH House

Six-Shot

Milford, NH --(Ammoland.com)- I am troubled. We thought that our Second Amendment Rights would be well protected when the Republican Caucus in the New Hampshire House of Representatives voted for Rep. Bill O’Brien as their choice for Speaker of the House.

Unfortunately, I have learned there is a mutiny afoot in the what now appears to be a fractured Republican Party. More on that later, first I want to explain why it is so very important that we support Rep. O’Brien.

As many of you may know, the Speaker does much more than just preside over the House and moderate debate. The Speaker is responsible for assigning committee members and chairmen as well as “steering” favored bills through the legislative process. Rep. O’Brien did all of this and more when he was Speaker in the 2011/2012 session. He made sure that anti-gun bills died and pro-gun bills such as “no duty to retreat” were passed over the Governor’s veto. To be honest, we need Rep. Bill O’Brien as Speaker of the House.

I am troubled because I have learned that NHFC D rated, anti-gun Rep. Shawn Jasper is leading the mutiny to elect some other anti-gun Speaker of the House. Rep. Jasper is looking to make a deal with the anti-gun Democrats to elect an anti-gun speaker. Rep. Shawn Jasper is an elitist power hungry politician who will do anything for his own selfish reasons.

We are not sure exactly what promises have been made, but one thing is certain, the Democrats have nominated NHFC F rated Rep. Stephen Shurtleff as their choice for Speaker. D rated Rep. Jasper or F rated Rep. Shurtleff, or A rated Rep. Bill O’Brien. The choice seems obvious to me.

Time is of the essence, we must act now, the House will vote for Speaker on Wednesday, December 3, 2014.

We cannot allow this to happen. I need to mobilize all NHFC Members to immediately contact Rep. Jasper and demand that he stop this mutiny at once. You need to call and email him:

You must call Rep. Jasper at: (603) 595-9621 or email him at shawn.jasper@leg.state.nh.us .

Please make it clear to Rep. Jasper that you view ANY attempt to “make a deal” for someone other than Rep. O’Brien to be Speaker of House an overt anti-gun act. Please be polite but firm when you insist that they drop their mutiny and support the will of the majority of the Republican Caucus and elect Rep. O’Brien Speaker of the House.

If you have contact information for any of the newly elected State Reps. from your district please call and email them as well and deliver the same message. Unfortunately, the State House has not yet published contact information for any of the newly elected Reps. If you know the names of any re-elected Reps. you can find their contact information here.

Please also call the House Republican Office at: (603) 271-3665 and tell whomever answers the phone that you expect a Second Amendment friendly Speaker of the House, specifically, Rep. Bill O’Brien. Make it clear to them that you will view ANY attempt to reverse last weeks caucus vote as an overt attack on your Second Amendment rights. Make it clear that you are outraged that they have not moved to expel Rep. Jasper from the caucus for his treasonous behavior!

If you receive any emails in response please forward them to NHFC at alerts@nhfc-ontarget.org.

Please act now, we don’t have much time and we really need a Second Amendment friendly Speaker of the House.

Archived