SASS Wire Forum

New Cowboy Chronicles

Jackaroo, # 29989

has any one tried to click on the line on the front of the cc. that has the page numbers that says club shoots and followed thedirections. i do and got what i wanted to know

OK SP which issue would that be? The last 3 issues have nothing on the front page about 'club shoots'

All that does SD is take you to the sassnet pages, which do not show all the matches or the club match pages for each state, half of which are out of date anyway on the website and have not been updated.

I am, and I think many others are aware of that link, and it's hardly on the front of the cc!

What most of us have been discussing here is the fact that those pages where you virtually see all the states or most of them on one on a few pages are now no longer there? They seem to have been dropped and replaced with comics, and I have nothing against that either, many will like them.....but...

You cannot compare which matches are on, on what date unless you make your own notes and do heaps of clicking and opening pages on the net to see it.

Take a look at the issues say from July back. There are no comics, but all the club, and annuals match pages are there. Nice and easy to work out what's on what weekend etc.

I'm not fussed about paper or electronic issues, I find it easier to read on my iPad, as I can enlarge the text I can't enlarge the text with a paper copy?? I have to find a magnifying glass.

Jakaroo

The current issue the links to the clubs and annuals are on page 93. The page is easy to dismiss as just another page of advertising. The links just take you to the SASS website and the information there. The information is only as good the clubs provide.

The link to page 93 is on page 1 at the bottom of the article/page index.

Buff Bill

Also who is in charge of the mobile app. Half the time you can have a club 1 mile away and it directs to a club 230 miles away.

Who is in charge of the mobile syste map we opycply also post the schedules'

Jakaroo

The current issue the links to the clubs and annuals are on page 93. The page is easy to dismiss as just another page of advertising. The links just take you to the SASS website and the information there. The information is only as good the clubs provide.

The link to page 93 is on page 1 at the bottom of the article/page index.

Buff Bill

I am familiar with that but....

See my post #38

Don't get me started...the Electronic version was the last straw. After 20 years we let our Memberships in SASS Lapse. I see no benefit in belonging since I no longer shoot other then local Matches and $45 to send to a Organization that moved out of my State, and cut the only physical link left in CC doesn't make sense in a cost analysis.

If they bring it back I might reconsider. The Game has changed so much and the Naked Greed just puts me off...

the Naked Greed is mostly just sound business moves, according to the Wild Bunch. If it costs too much to print the Chronicle, then don''t print it. and many of the changes in the shooting are due to the sheer numbers of shooters in our sport, and the fact that young people did not grow up with Hoppy, Roy and Gene, or with the hundreds of Western TV series and movies that we had.

HOWEVER, I like the old ways better. I have never been, and at my age never will be, a top shooter. But I enjoyed the dress-up, the shooting of the old style guns, and the general atmosphere of SASS shooting, and I enjoyed getting the Chronicle in the mail each month the old way. It was special. I do not enjoy nearly as much the highly competitive stand and deliver as fast as possible shooting that SASS matches are now. When renewal time comes around each year I have to ask myself if its worth it.

So far it is, but......

The O'Meara Himself

I submitted a "letter" to be published, perhaps a bit too harsh, suggesting the CC (Monthy) be given to all Regulators. The goal being, give it to somebody who has never read a CC. The CC is a priceless tool toward new membership. I submit once the CC is formatted for a digital publication, the hard work is done. Who cares if the printed copy is a more co$t effective size. The numbers will look real RED if we drop members and don't get new ones.

Archived