SASS Wire Forum

Competition Hammer for Uberti 45LC

Hopalong Mac McLin

I am new to CAS. My hands are relatively small and it is very difficult for me to cock and fire my Evil Roy and my El Patron pistols without losing a strong purchase on the weapon. I notice on the Uberti site that they sell an El Patron pistol with a competition hammer that might make it easier for me to cock and fire my pistols without losing my grip. Does anyone know of a source to purchase this Uberti competition hammer or a similar product which will work for an Evil Roy and El Patron 45LC as an aftermarket purchase?

Thanks.

UbertiCattlemanRI9142014_zps30229d98.jpg

Is this the style hammers you have in mind?

A couple of weeks back we got 4 Running Irons hammers from Taylors and Company and installed them in our Uberti guns. Except for the tiny hand spring, plunger and screw, they are an easy install. I'm trying to shoot gunfighter and Mary likes them because she can work them better with her lady hands.

Exactly Warden. Can you give me specific link to order the hammers, please? I have gone to both the Taylor's and Cimarron sites and, not being too web savvy, have been unable to find the hammers to which you and Doc refer. Are these the same hammers that are on the the El Patron competition revolvers? Thanks.

Warden Callaway:

Could you send me a photo of the top of the hammer. The Thunderstorm is being promoted as wider, but is it wider than, or the same as, the Running Iron hammer?

Doc Fill "em:

Do you have a direct order link for the Thunderstorm competition spare hammer?

Thanks.

Looks the same as the Thunderstorm to me. Thanks.

Warden:

I just ordered 2 Runnin Iron Hammers from Taylor's and dealt with Tammy, the CEO. It appears that a new shipment of hammers has just cleared customs today and will be shipping to me on Friday. I have also shared multiple emails with Tammy and got a "Thank you" email message from her almost immediately after placing my telephone order. So far, I am EXTREMELY impressed with the customer service. Thanks for the referral.

Hoppy

Archived