SASS Wire Forum

Texas Hog Hunt offer....

Rancho Roy

We couldn't pull off a Hog Hunt in Texas near San Antonio. But I just received this offer from Gunn & Hook....I know nothing about this outfit except that they email me from time to time with last minute hunts at very low prices...This hunt is 2.5 hours north of San Antonio...Your dime!

http://gunnhook.com/current-deals/south-texas-unlimited-hog-hunt-2-days-west-of-san-antonio.html?utm_source=Newsletter+Subscription&utm_campaign=a7cbab0f5f-Cyber_Monday_Specials11_26_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_aa71f2c6a9-a7cbab0f5f-100685257&mc_cid=a7cbab0f5f&mc_eid=2270e16f34

Overview Come terminate a feral hog or several!
Highlights
  • $500 Promotional price only available through Gunn&Hook!
  • Call (855) 486-4665 for more details
  • Buy now, or call us to reserve your date(s) with a 20% fully-refundable deposit!
  • 2 Day 2 Night
  • Fully Guided
  • Rates are per person
  • Val Verde, TX
  • All meals are included
Deal Details Here piggy, piggy! We have hogs all over the place. They tear up the ranch and eat all our corn so we need your help to get rid of them. This is a truly unlimited hog hunt. All your meals and lodging are included for 2 days and 2 nights when you buy this voucher! The type of hunt you take is up to you. Whether you are a do-it-yourself hunter, or you would like to hunt from a blind, we are here to give you the best experience we can! While sitting in one of our single or double man blinds, you never know what you might see. You may see a porcupine hunting for food, a family of doves fighting over corn, a group of turkeys scavenging corn, or a hog hunting for water. No matter where you are on our land you will see all kinds of wildlife, keeping every moment of every hunt a wide-eyed, exciting, once in a lifetime experience for any hunter. We are a family oriented place and we hope that you will bring your kids along for an exciting hunt that they will never forget. We very much hope that when you buy this coupon you will get one for yourself and your kids. **If you need special attention or want to bring along a non-hunter, please contact Gunn&Hook and they will be happy to set up a special package for you or your group. Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you soon!
Special Terms
  • Valid license required
  • Cleaning and skinning fee is $30
  • Extra days for all hunts will be $175/day and non-hunters are welcome for a fee of $150/day.
  • Open bar at the lodge, no drinking during hunts

"They tear up the ranch and eat all our corn so we need your help to get rid of them"

hmm. Don't know that I'd go down there for a paltry $500. They'd need to pay me more.

:blink:<_< <_<

Yep, if they're having so much trouble... they'd pay. They'd be like that rancher in WY... Antelope hunt... guided... which consisted mostly of him hollerin' "SHOOT that'un! Ok, now that'un... and get that'un also..." all day long...

You need a valid license? Hunting license? Drivers License? If hunting for what a pig? would that be a varmint license?

KK

Guest Grass Range #51406

I have checked with several outfitters trying to arrange a hog hunt. I don't mind paying for lodging, license,etc but I don't want meat or anything else. If they are really a problem why not shoot and leave like we do prairie dogs. Most outfitters say I have to pay for skinning and packaging the meat and then I can give it away. I wonder if Texas really has a hog problem.

Need a hunting license.

Have hunted in Texas for quite a few years for pigs. Was told by a game warden several years ago that if the landowner was having a problem with hogs and game & Fish agreed, we did not need a license. Havn't bought one since then.

Archived