SASS Wire Forum

91-year-old gets her wish to take a spin back in time

Subdeacon Joe

“Move over. You’re going to drive us home. I thought she was losing her mind.”

The coupe’s 77-year-old black paint is utterly shot, all the glass needs to be replaced and there’s nothing wrong with the interior that couldn’t be remedied by gutting the Ford like a Halloween pumpkin. Otherwise, she’s just a classic beauty.

Clara Blasingame scooched behind the wheel of an adorably forlorn 1937 Ford coupe. Even before the long-retired teacher from Rohnert Park started the engine and eased out the clutch, she shot back almost eight decades.

“Amazing!” she marveled, her eyes wide with surprise and delight. “I learned to drive in this car when I was 13 years old.”

Very cool

I did cringe a little about both the "289 "HP" Ford Mustang engine....to replace the original flathead V8".

It was wonderful that her family had the incentive and foresight to do something this nice for her. It seems, in a way, that this effort and event, and this one material object, tied her life together.

I did cringe a little about both the "289 "HP" Ford Mustang engine....to replace the original flathead V8".

It was wonderful that her family had the incentive and foresight to do something this nice for her. It seems, in a way, that this effort and event, and this one material object, tied her life together.

Yeah, that was cringeworthy. Sorta like comments about a .81mm mortar.

Archived