SASS Wire Forum

Cheap Shot

Come On Christmas

Graphite is useful to ensure shot flows well. I am reloading shells right now with reclaimed shot that lacks graphite and sometimes the shot hangs up in the drop tube.

I googled reclaimed shot and figured out what is going on. There is another player posting lower prices without freight. Zip metals.

When you look at the description on RotoMetals you can select washed and regraphited for an additional $4.

I bought some reclaimed (it's all I use) that wasn't regraphited. What I did was take an empty 1lb powder bottle, fill it about 1/3 full of shot then added graphite from one of those small tubes most hardware stores sell. I rolled it around in my hands and across the floor a few times then added another 1/3 amount of shot and graphite and repeated the process. Flows fine through my reloader. I've been getting reclaimed for anywhere from $22-26 per 25lbs. I usually buy it where I can pick it up rather than paying more for shipping. Had a friend that bought a bunch of it in Spokane this summer and hauled it back. I picked that up for $23 a bag.

New shot, two 25 pound bags, delivered for $91.30 - HERE

"Re-manufactured" shot, two 25 pound bags, delivered for $87.00 = HERE

Cool Sources! Shooters bullets is cheap on they bullets too. What are the econo cast bullets?

Freedom is about having choices/options. I think that is why not being able to just shop and buy shotgun powder lately bothers me so much.

Archived