SASS Wire Forum

A Sad Goodbye to The General

Misty Moonshine

I remember the last time we spoke... I stopped in to say "hi" and reminisce over the "old days"... and he got me to buy another rifle!!! My friend, and enabler... so many great memories are surrounded by his presence. Miss him already. Condolences to his family, friends and all who knew him.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boyd was good guy, he always had a smile and a handshake for fellow Cowboys. I was lucky enough to receive many of the nice door prizes he donated. I even once placed the spot that matched his age, and got a beautiful engraved 45/70 rifle. I will cherish the memory and the rifle for life. I miss the old days, the many Cowboys and cowgirls I road the trail with. I will miss General Grant.

H.G. Wells - SASS #3511L

I am really sad to hear of Mr. Davis's passing. Having some business dealings with him over the years I can say for sure he was a straight shooter. He always did what he said he was going to do. He will be dearly missed not just by the CAS community but the whole gun industry. The Wild bunch brought us the game. But Mr. Davis was way out in front promoting and supplying the CAS guns as early as the 1950's. Rest easy General.

DSCN0576_zps0d631ad6.jpg

Prayers up!

My most sincere condolences to his family, immediate and extended.

Frenchy

Prayers up for BB Gun and Family of US Grant. He was the true Gentleman and spokesperson for SASS.

I've Known Boyd A. Davis since EoT 1985....3 years before SASS was founded. He and Judge Roy Bean let me in EoT at the last minute that year. It had already started in the AM.

We became good friends..He even told me of a dream of an Earthquake and he couldn't get to EMF because the roads were all messed up and Offered to buy my Yamaha Motorcycle for $1,000.00. I sold it to him. He would always make time to chat at shoots and Eot's till it moved to New Mexico in 2004. I've bought many guns from him at EMF. We even talked at me becoming SASS Historian, He was amazed with my memory of people's SASS #'s and when things happened.

I'll always remember him driving away at the end of the day saying check out the licence plate of his personal Mercedes Benz.......BAD......and laughing cuz he was.

Via Con Dios Amigo.......ride easy Boyd.

Big Jake Sass life #1001.

My condolences to the family, I had the opportunity to shoot on the same posse as the General at Winter Range this year. I found him to be an excellent gentleman.

Archived