SASS Wire Forum

Here's one I might can win........how long you been on the Wire?

Hi Capt.,

I lurked once around 2000 and didn't like what I saw... I never would have dreamed of having nearly 20K posts after my first post, when I got soundly thrashed. I still have the opinion that caused the thrashing. So, :P:o;)

I came back when I became a TG in 2004. I thought it was my duty to keep up on the rules discussions. It has been educational. :unsure:

I also call coming here my "skin thickening exercise." I think it has worked well. Someone said I was the most hated person on the SASS Wire and that has given me a few laughs, as has being called a "silly little airhead snot." The biggest laugh was last year at the Convention. I went up to the SASS office staff to say "hi." They asked my name. I said "you know me, I'm "the most hated person on the SASS Wire." They, in unison, said "Allie Mo." :lol:

Ah memories...

Regards,

Allie

23 July, 1999. That's when THIS version of the wire first appeared. There were two or three other versions before that, that I was also on.

When this version came along, we were numbered as to "wire member" (not to be confused with SASS member number). I see that the numbers are no more, but my number was 123. I don't think there is anyone still here that has been here longer than me.

Hi Capt.,

I lurked once around 2000 and didn't like what I saw... I never would have dreamed of having nearly 20K posts after my first post, when I got soundly thrashed. I still have the opinion that caused the thrashing. So, :P:o;)

I came back when I became a TG in 2004. I thought it was my duty to keep up on the rules discussions. It has been educational. :unsure:

I also call coming here my "skin thickening exercise." I think it has worked well. Someone said I was the most hated person on the SASS Wire and that has given me a few laughs, as has being called a "silly little airhead snot." The biggest laugh was last year at the Convention. I went up to the SASS office staff to say "hi." They asked my name. I said "you know me, I'm "the most hated person on the SASS Wire." They, in unison, said "Allie Mo." :lol:

Ah memories...

Regards,

Allie

I've heard the stories about you :P

GG

August of '99 on this version but I lost a sign in during the Great Crash of the first incarnation of this version, so I ought to be about even with Alpo.

Real joining date is probably in '96? (It's been too long ago for me to remember exactly.) I started on the WIRE back when it looked like the old Gunfighter Zone. That was 4 or so versions (and Lord only knows how many servers or hosts) ago.

Since Windows 3.1 :mellow:

With this platform:

Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967

"Member Since 02 Nov 1999"

:rolleyes:

Well, guess I ain't the wiener after all. :( I'm not sure about the change in format thing, but my date sounds about right IIRC. I joined SASS and started shooting a year or two before I got on the wire.

JHC

No clue when we got here, we did had to reregister once when the Saloon burned down but even though WD is not here anymore:( but I bet he would HAUNT anyone bothering his Auntie Allie Mo! <3 Hugs WD's Mama

Howdy,

I was on for a couple format changes and changed my alias,

Some where along the way I started over the post count.

And for a while I had two alias and could argue with myself.

I liked the wire before it changed due to 9/11/01.

In my opinion that day ruined the wire.

And I was soundly thrashed for expressing that opinion.

Americans seemed totally outraged about 3000 who died that day.

Not so upset about the 50,000 Americans that died in Viet Nam.

To this day I don't quite understand.

Pards would have to read that pre 9/11 wire to see what I mean and

I doubt that will ever happen.

Best

CR

Been around a long time at least it seems long, lurk mostly, seems that if I can't add something I don't need to add another post. I find its a great place to waste time a bit clicky some might say unfriendly or rude but as a whole interesting.

Semper Fi

I've been around since the 90s as well. Don't rightly remember when. Had to re-up a couple times with computer crashes and format changes. I remember other old timers: Suzie Silk Knickers, Gunny Sacket, Duke Chisum, (all three RIP). Then there are other old pharts like Flint Westwood, Sierra Jack Cassidy, Mayo Bard, Tex Boden, Rocky Meadows, Dapper Dan, Fancy Free, Chip Tosser, Pale Wolf Brunele, ah, um. Alpo, help me out here son. Wichita Griz, Calamity Jane from up in Canada way. Many of us have just ridden off into the sunset only to visit here once in a while. Life just go too busy or complicated. Me, I just lurk in the shadows mostly. Don't have much to contribute as I'm pretty inactive in CAS. I intend to make it to a couple matches this next summer.

Forty Rod, Rattler John, Chili Ron, they have been here a long while. Keeping us honest. Get off the lawn! Right Forty? Those were the days. Don't feel bad Cap'n Callahan. The reason you don't see us much is we found good places to hide.

Fred(what is going back to lurking now)Finagler

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

When I bought my first Lap top for the RV (I was Full Timing it from 01 to 09), Joined SASS about 94.

cheers, Hoss

25 July 1999, this one, like others I was on the 2 or 3 or howevermany versions be fore that. Hey Alpo, Finny, Capn, y'all remember the "Hand or Twa?" thread?

Better yet, am still shooting as much if not more than ever. LOTS of changes on here and the range too! Miss seein some of my old pards, enjoy the newer ones I see now.

Archived