SASS Wire Forum

Picking Out a Gun for the Mrs.

Subdeacon Joe

Simple - send her to the gun shop/range and ask her to try to keep in under $1000.

I'm not so sure how well that'll work. I took my fiancee to buy a shotgun and while they were doing the background check she was browsing the pistol case. Her eyes lit up like a kid's on Christmas morning when she saw the Desert Eagle.

I'm not so sure how well that'll work. I took my fiancee to buy a shotgun and while they were doing the background check she was browsing the pistol case. Her eyes lit up like a kid's on Christmas morning when she saw the Desert Eagle.

You are a very lucky man! She is a treasure.

Just keep going to gun stores rather than jewelry stores.

You are a very lucky man! She is a treasure.

She is indeed.

Just keep going to gun stores rather than jewelry stores.

We've been in a jewelry store together exactly once, and that time was my fault. I had cracked the stone in the ring she gave me and I needed to get it repaired. But we've been to Gander Mountain a number of times.

Yeah, she's a keeper.

If I had guns, Hubby would have selected all of them. ;)

The latest gun I don't have is a Kimber Pro Carry II. :wub:

you got good taste in guns..... ;)

I bought my wife a XDm in 9mm and she didn't like it at all. I think she prefers one of my .22 pistols.

For my daughters 21st BDay this year, she picked out a nice XDs in 9mm, plus the carry class AND....her carry permit.

But I gladly paid it all for her.

I retire in February and right now, I'm trying to decide on my 'retirement present' to meowndangself.

..........Widder

Was at my gun-pusher's when this guy come in. Had a LadySmith 642 that he'd bought for his everlovin'. It had been fired twice. She did not like it. Full boat on that was probably around 400. Knowing Mark, he got full boat. Since his sweetie didn't like it, the gentleman wanted to sell it back. Mark gave him 175 bucks. Man left, bitching, and I picked it up, dry-fired twice at the deer head on the wall, and said, "how much?" He said 250, I said DEAL, and took it to the house.

Asked Hazel if she'd like it. She said, "YEEEEESSSSSS", so I told her Merry Christmas. If she hadn't wanted it, I'da kept it. My carrygun is a 642 anywho, SW642-2.jpg and that LadySmith had a better trigger. The words scribed on the sideplate would not have bothered me in the least.

After years of mistrusting them, I finally found an AR that I think I can trust, based on reviews both here and other places, AND I could afford. My wife has bugged me for one for her over the years, so I splurged and got two. His and Her's, sequential serial numbers too.

" The words scribed on the sideplate would not have bothered me in the least."

I recall hearing of a fellow who carried a knife he called 'Lady Macbeth'. A revolver with 'Ladysmith' on the side would be just as classy! ;):D

" The words scribed on the sideplate would not have bothered me in the least."

I recall hearing of a fellow who carried a knife he called 'Lady Macbeth'. A revolver with 'Ladysmith' on the side would be just as classy! ;):D

"Lady Macbeth" was carried by the character Rod Walker in a Heinlein book, "Tunnel in the Sky". It was loaned to him by his sister.

"Lady Macbeth" was carried by the character Rod Walker in a Heinlein book, "Tunnel in the Sky". It was loaned to him by his sister.

Thank you. It has been about 50 years since I read that novel.

In any case, it would not bother me either to carry a gun or knife named 'Lady...' 😃

And then in another Heinlein novel, "Glory Road," the hero carried the sword "Lady Vivamus."

I've got no problem with carrying a weapon named for a lady. Hell hath no fury, after all...

He carried his sister's knife, Lady Macbeth, and his own knife, Colonel Bowie, but no gun. :)

Got Limey a S&W 9mm. Nice little number, but she had trouble hitting the broad side of the barn. Came time for her carry class, she was still having issues so she asked about my 45. She took both to class. During practice, the instructor said yo use the 45, which she did very well. Come our anniversary, went looking and came across a nice little 45 number which she took to like a duck to water, which meant I got my 45 back!! LOL

My wife? I would take her to the local gun store owned by a female, so she could get advice from someone who understands her needs better. I've heard a horror story or two about gun store clerks and others suggesting too much gun for people, especially women.

I laughed when I read this part, though:

“I’ve seen you shoot. I’d really feel safer if I had a gun of my own.”

Allie,

you should adorn the cover of Blue Press holding a nice Kimber Pro Carry.

Call Mike Dillon. Your 'gratuity' for doing the cover photo would warrant you that pistol.

:wub:

..........Widder

The gun I don't have looks like this. IMO this is the shortest barrel I would have. The short barrel (like a Derringer) guns give me the "heeby jeebies." :blush:

GUN-000381-2.jpg

You have god taste. Mine is in stainless with the alloy frame - my daughter loves that gun so it always goes to the range when she comes with me.

ya'll are missing an excellent opportunity here. First take her to the store and talk her into that little jewel you've been drooling over forever. Buy it and then when she decides it's not really what she wanted then you take her back and let her pick one out (keeping the first ). Since the Warden doesn't read the Wire I don't mind sharing and yes it has worked. I've got a sweet PT92 Stainless as a result.

ya'll are missing an excellent opportunity here. First take her to the store and talk her into that little jewel you've been drooling over forever. Buy it and then when she decides it's not really what she wanted then you take her back and let her pick one out (keeping the first ). Since the Warden doesn't read the Wire I don't mind sharing and yes it has worked. I've got a sweet PT92 Stainless as a result.

Thanks for the reminder! My daughter turns 21 at the end of this Winter, so I just bought her one of those cute little Ruger 32s on an auction and if it turns out she doesn't want it, what ever will I do?

Youse guys must have some special-type of women. Everyone - man or woman - I've ever asked, "Hey, would you like to have this gun?", have all said, "HAIL YEAH!!!". Never had one turned down.

Archived