SASS Wire Forum

GAS PRICES

Smoken D

$2.36 today! :)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read an article that said much of the southeast could expect prices to drop below $2.00 a gallon!!

if it did that here in California the gas companies would be losing money and have to start paying some of the taxes on gas for us

But don't forget... Jerry Brown's "Cap and Trade" kicks in on Jan 01. :(

A fella I know who works for a distributor tells me that they don't know what it'll do to the price, the state can't tell them yet, but they expect an immediate increase of something north of 70¢ per gallon. Any cost to "save the world" for Jerry. :wacko:

Was $2.32 today when I filled up.

...just got back from Oregon... ...diesel fuel varied from $3.25 to $4.30... ...no sense in explaining the wide swing...

Paid $2.49 yesterday.

If broken down to your USA gallon equivalent I just paid $5.76 !!

Our fuel prices here in Australia very rarely go down even when the barrel prices do..it sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!

I shot at Acadia with the Territorial Marshals today lowest I saw in the area was $2.37 for regular.

According to the internet, two stores in SE OK City. Currently $1.98 at OK Food Mart, SE OK CITY

According to the internet, two stores in SE OK City. Currently $1.98 at OK Food Mart, SE OK CITY

KY-3 TV news had the coverage on that yesterday.

I sure hope gas prices stay that low when my wife and I head out to Land Run in April. Maybe we can afford a nice dinner at a quality steakhouse instead of home-cooked grub in our travel trailer.

$2.23 a gallon this week. Hope it keeps on going down.

Filled up this morning at $2.25 with a Walmart gift card.

$2.69 in Escondido, Ca. this evening.

I find it sad that I was excited about filling up the wife's Explorer yesterday at $2.459/gallon. Really it should be well under $2.

Rest assured this won't last. Marxist-Muslim Obama is talking about increasing the gas tax and apparently all he needs is his pen.

$2.20 a gallon today.

$1.89 OKC

$2.21 in Sherman, TX

I got a question. How much does it cost to tanker transport gas on a gal/mile basis? The distributors here seem to know just how much they can gouge you by making it borderline economical to drive to nearby towns where gas might be less costly.

It was $2.16 on the east side of Nashville last night.

Not only are we, on a personal level, benefitting from lower gas (energy) prices, but the worldwide economy is jump starting due to the fracking technology revolution begun in the US.

Historically little changed in man's standard of living until plentiful energy sources became available through technology and free market operation. The industrial revolution began with the harnessing of steam and exploded form there with petrochemical and atomic energy. Man's global standard of living can be tracked exactly with the availability of cheap, plentiful, and distributable energy.

Were it not for the fracking revolution in the US, we would still be in a recession, and perhaps a depression.

BTW, fracking started WRT natural gas, then some innovative US folks/CORPORATIONS figured out how to apply it to oil shale, and there have been several increases in the technology since then. We have several more to go, and this has made the US nearly energy independent, barring the government intervention which has already slowed it down from where it could have been.

Fracking has been around for awhile. I worked for Pan American Petroleum Co. as a roustabout on summer break in 1966 in Farmington, New Mexico. The company was fracking oil and gas wells in the Basin Dakota field at that time, so it started before then.

I agree that any process that makes petroleum easier to get out of the ground is a good deal.

Fracking has been around for awhile. I worked for Pan American Petroleum Co. as a roustabout on summer break in 1966 in Farmington, New Mexico. The company was fracking oil and gas wells in the Basin Dakota field at that time, so it started before then.

I agree that any process that makes petroleum easier to get out of the ground is a good deal.

Agreed it started earlier - technology advances, combined with newer methods (horizontal, made available also by newer technology, etc.) made it a viable commercial reality.

The important point is both the generational change in the predicted future life of petroleum energy, overall, and the implication for the US - energy independence for several generations. We have long known of the oil in shale, just did not have cost effective technology to extract it. Free markets and technology can bring wonderful results, within limits, of course.

How quickly things change. Yesterday I passed up a Casey's store with gas a $2.13 because I wasn't quite empty and I was sure I could find it cheaper on Sunday or Monday.

$2.44 in farthest North Idaho.

$2.29 at one place near the Twin Cities.

Archived