SASS Wire Forum

Pocket modification

Tyrel Cody

It doesn't apply to bandoleers,,,,, or wut ever that's called,,,, reach in a pocket to grab shells an advantage????

Doesn't seem like it would be an advantage, ............. but... you just can't tell what someone will come up with next to try and beat the system!

I''ve got a headache!

Snakebite

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me that loops or holders INSIDE a pocket is an INTERNAL MODIFICATION and should be legal since it cannot be seen.

(I'm working on a design that will be spring loaded and propel the shell right into a '97's port!)

It seems to me that loops or holders INSIDE a pocket is an INTERNAL MODIFICATION and should be legal since it cannot be seen.

(I'm working on a design that will be spring loaded and propel the shell right into a '97's port!)

That applies to FIREARM modifications, but not necessarily to equipment "enhancements".

:huh:

I'll send you the form to submit that design to the ROC for review...best to just mail me a working prototype for consideration.

;)

Doesn't seem like it would be an advantage, ............. but... you just can't tell what someone will come up with next to try and beat the system!

I would consider using a pocket if the shells would stay straight, but it wouldn't be to beat any system. I'd do it because I really don't like the look of the shotgun belt. If the winds continue to blow the way PWB has indicated, it sounds like the higher ups disagree with me and are trying to preserve that look. As it stands now, the rules heavily favor that dang belt.

I assume there would be no problem if we had a vest with pockets spread around that were small and held 2 shotgun shells each. If that's true, then what would be wrong with my suggestion of taking that wider pocket that can hold 4 and putting some stitching in the middle so 2 can be pulled without the other 2 falling over? Or, for that matter making a vest that was full of of small pockets that could hold a whole box of shells, 2 per pocket?

Hey Sam.... when you get one that will load a S X S... let me know. :D

Snakebite

Better watch it Snakebite.....I know my Dad.....He'll engineer it and produce it...................Probably charge double for a S x S version. :D

Better watch it Snakebite.....I know my Dad.....He'll engineer it and produce it...................Probably charge double for a S x S version. :D

Wait...........you guys are actually two different people...................and father and sun................So, Sun is son of Sam

I'm confused...........who's driving tomorrow?

Tyrel, not sure exactly what you are planning to do with the elastic, but you can also fix your problem by just putting some stitches down the center of the pocket to divide it in 2. Don't ask me how you do that and make it look good though, cause I have no idear.

This is a excellent suggestion.

It is easily done with a sewing needle and thread. Just sew a loop on the top of the pocket shut. A woman can do it in five minutes. A fumble finger old man wearing bifocals will take at least a hour (heck I can't even see the eye of the needle). :wacko:

If that's true, then why am I wasting time polling the ROC members on this?

Care to place a wager on the outcome?

^_^

All I know that this was asked of the WB, way before there was a ROC and THEY ruled against it,

So, I don't have a shooters hand book/RO1/RO2 handy...

What do they say about bandoleer's. Besides they can't be tied down.

Can they have the same elastic "canvas" loops as shotgun belts?

I'm not a big fan of shotgun belts either.

So, I don't have a shooters hand book/RO1/RO2 handy...

Hmmm. Grizzly beat me to it! :lol::lol:

I rank this up there with Ladies BW dresses,,,,, why not, shud be a no brainer,,,, the pouch rule was made before shotgun belts were used,,, this is outdated,,,, along with the white diamond rule!!

Tom

HOLSTERS, CARTRIDGE BELTS, AND BANDOLEERS

• All handguns must be carried in a safe holster capable of retaining the firearm throughout a
normal range of motion.
• Main match holsters must be located one on each side of the belly button and separated by
at least the width of two fists at the belt. (Note: Pocket pistol and Derringer holsters are not
“main-match” holsters.)
• Holsters may not depart from the vertical by more than 30 degrees when worn.
• Ammunition required for reloads during the course of any stage must be carried on the
shooter’s person in a bandoleer, cartridge/shotshell belt loop, pouch, holster, or pocket or be
safely staged as required by stage instructions. Leather belt slide ammo loops are
acceptable; however, shotgun shell slides may not be worn over shotgun loops on an ammo
belt. Shotgun loops must be in a single row. Rifle and revolver ammunition may not be
carried in a shotshell loop. No ammunition may be carried in the mouth, ears, nose,
cleavage, or any other bodily orifice.
• Bandoleers, cartridge belts, and pouches must be of traditional design (e.g., bandoleers must
be loose and not secured in any way to prevent movement). Modern drop pouches, combat
style shotgun loops, wrist or forearm bandoleers, and such are not allowed. Pouches shall
have a flap and must carry their contents loose, with no special provisions to organize the
contents for rapid retrieval. .
• Cartridge loops must not have a metal or plastic liner. However, the entire loop may be
made of metal.
• Shotgun ammo loops may not accommodate more than two rounds per loop, and
rifle/revolver ammo loops shall accommodate only one round per loop.
• Ammo belts must be worn so all ammo is positioned at or below the belly button.
• Shotgun ammo loops must conform to the shooters contour (i.e., not tilt out from the belt).
• Cartridge loops mounted on a firearm’s stock or forearm, are not allowed.

Thanks Dave.

So, if those of us that don't like shotgun belts can't add elastic to our vest pockets to stabilize ammo... We're perfectly legal to do it on a bandoleer. Which might offset the disadvantage of it fitting loose.

...the pouch rule was made before shotgun belts were used,,, this is outdated,,,, along with the white diamond rule!!

REALLY? I've used a SG belt since 1987. And I was by no means the 1st!

Archived