SASS Wire Forum

All Around Cowboy at the Siege of St Augustine

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

whodda thunk thet lil ole me wudda skeert them that badly!!??????

btw,,,, will we still be in the overall scores?

and thank you Stan!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only 4 of us are gonna shute the coolest category thought up sooo far?????? :o:o:unsure::wacko::huh:

wow!!!!!!! 4 cool dudes and a bunch of so in soes!!!! :o:o:P:P:D

gonna be a good time T!!!!

Stan,

Are you trying to pick a fight? With whom? If this catagory actually fills up, I might show up and considering I haven't pulled a trigger on a cowboy gun in over six months I am sure the rust would show through pretty quickly, not that I wouldn't have fun mind you, but the results would be ugly.

If you are trying to get the Georgia guys and gals, Carolina Crew and Alabama shooters to step up, well.........what can I say? AAC takes a serious shooter who doesn't mind putting themselves in challenging situations. Someone who salivates at the idea of blazing new trails, someone who wants to be outside the "norm" and compete in our version of "Top Shot".

Hell, if I thought that they would run this catagory at WR this year, I might show up for that one too. You never know.

P.S. I want the Freestyle stages back.

wede be glad to have you!!!! and Darlin of course!!!!!!!!!

outside chance I wont get to make it.... what a bummer!!!

Titus, bring on the Black powder in 38's and 12 ga. I bring the whiskey and whiskey too !!!!! Sounds like lots of fun.... I tell ya what, the things I get into,,,,by myself,,,,,with my friends!!!!!!

I'll bring a truck load'a black powder ammo, you bring a truck load'a smokeless, Whiskey Creek's bringin' a truck load'a whiskey...sounds like we got it covered! (Oh, and Bone, did I mention I'm glad Whiskey Creek's gonna be there? ) :P I do believe a good time is about to happen in Florida!

CC, prayin' that whatever might prevent you from makin' it doesn't. But know that Fannie and I have you and yours in our prayers.

Hmmmm. Well Dan. Throw your hat in the ring and we can talk about a freestyle stage. There's plenty to choose from.

Stan

The rules would have to be exactly the same as the Georgia match. No one who shoots this cares about winning HOA, 'cause no one will. The mechanics of the AAC give up too much time to be in the running for HOA. It's about bragging rights and nothing more.

Get to 9 and I'll be number 10. That's the best your gonna get from me.

Dan , I know you've been on a cowboy break but it would be great to see you shoot Fla state in any catagory. In an earlier post you thought it would be good if the AAC was at WR. I could see it at EOT long before WR but I don't think that would happen with the freestyle stages. They are not a part of SASS existing catagories. And you are right that going for an overal shooting AAC isn't practical but it think most shooters would still like to be viable for overal standings. After all Fla has a great top gun shoot off and CC , T Bone and others shooting AAC would make that cut. I have always thought AAC was a great idea Except for the non SASS freestyle stages. Anyway if it don't work out come kick my A$$ in 49r.

I wish we could get a set of rules for AAC that were 'standardized'. I shot it at GA State and it was a blast. We had it at the Doc Holliday's Immortals Annual match and got a decent amount of interest there too. I tweaked the rules there so that it was two stages Gunfighter, two stages Duelist, two stages Traditional, and two stages Outlaw. We kept the requirement to swap out shotguns but ditched the BP. No way I'm shooting that crap through my main match guns ever again (unless I get the point where I can afford to have a dedicated set of BP main match guns)! I'm way to OCD to shoot BP, I can't stop cleaning them afterwards for fear I missed something that will corrode my gun down the line.

CBB , you won't get any standardized rules since it is not a SASS cat. I was surprised you dropped the BP but did you also drop freestyle or was that part of OL. I think as long as the MDs don't mind and you can get enough people it's a great cat. You just need someone at the match to set the rules. I thought Stans oridginal idea for Fla was the best so far. Hope to see you down there.

I realize this is not an official category and is still being fine tuned, but I have a couple of questions.

Is it predetermined every one shoots GF on this stage and FC on this one and so on or does the shooter decide for himself what to shoot where?

And

What are freestyle stages?

Thanks in advance,

Smoke

PS,

yes, the stages are predetermined as to what style the AAC boys will shoot at each. Freestyle stages were an attempt to let the competitor determine how they wanted to shoot the stage in question. For example, on a Freestyle stage, the shooter only has to shoot "total roundcount" on the Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun targets. To be specific, if the stage requirments stated you had to shoot three targets with your pistols by sweeping 1-3-1 twice, the AAC competitor could shoot the three targets 2-6-2. Also, the AAC competitor can elect to shoot the stage from left to right, or right to left or start in the middle - his/her choice. Thirdly, the 97/87 shotgun can be stoked with the number of required rounds (up to six) and staged. It makes the stages very fast and furious and gives the AAC competitor a chance to make up some lost time when they shoot the two required Duelist, BP and GF stages.

BUT, because they are shooting those two stages unlike anyone one else in the match, they are techniqically not shooting the same match and therefore can't compete for HOA - not that they will ever end up on top at a major match.

Hope that helps.

I like it either way,,, but want the BP part too!! not so sure bout the free style, but I'm in

PS,

yes, the stages are predetermined as to what style the AAC boys will shoot at each. Freestyle stages were an attempt to let the competitor determine how they wanted to shoot the stage in question. For example, on a Freestyle stage, the shooter only has to shoot "total roundcount" on the Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun targets. To be specific, if the stage requirments stated you had to shoot three targets with your pistols by sweeping 1-3-1 twice, the AAC competitor could shoot the three targets 2-6-2. Also, the AAC competitor can elect to shoot the stage from left to right, or right to left or start in the middle - his/her choice. Thirdly, the 97/87 shotgun can be stoked with the number of required rounds (up to six) and staged. It makes the stages very fast and furious and gives the AAC competitor a chance to make up some lost time when they shoot the two required Duelist, BP and GF stages.

BUT, because they are shooting those two stages unlike anyone one else in the match, they are techniqically not shooting the same match and therefore can't compete for HOA - not that they will ever end up on top at a major match.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Dan it does help.

I don't travel to many shoots, but would definitely consider this category if it was offered at a match I attended.

Thanks again.

Smoke

CBB , you won't get any standardized rules since it is not a SASS cat. I was surprised you dropped the BP but did you also drop freestyle or was that part of OL. I think as long as the MDs don't mind and you can get enough people it's a great cat. You just need someone at the match to set the rules. I thought Stans oridginal idea for Fla was the best so far. Hope to see you down there.

Dan , I know you've been on a cowboy break but it would be great to see you shoot Fla state in any catagory. In an earlier post you thought it would be good if the AAC was at WR. I could see it at EOT long before WR but I don't think that would happen with the freestyle stages. They are not a part of SASS existing catagories. And you are right that going for an overal shooting AAC isn't practical but it think most shooters would still like to be viable for overal standings. After all Fla has a great top gun shoot off and CC , T Bone and others shooting AAC would make that cut. I have always thought AAC was a great idea Except for the non SASS freestyle stages. Anyway if it don't work out come kick my A$$ in 49r.

First, never say that Stan has a good idea, it goes to his already large head. Second, there is no chance I can kick anybody's butt in any catagory right now.

It seems that we can't satisfy everyone. Either someone wants to eliminate the BP component, or another person doesn't like the Freestyle stages. Still others would like to see an Outlaw component added. Since I am not running or affiliated with this match in anyway, I don't have a say. I can say after shooting this in Georgia that you can't really appreciate what other shooters in other catagories go through until you walk a mile in their shoes - it was very eye opening.

It would be nice to think that the catagory will fill up in time, but not so sure enough folks want to take on this challenge. I, on the other hand, have a new truck, a new trailer, and new horse and a new saddle. I have plenty of opportunities to ride and don't need to clean my horse very often to do so.

Hope you all have a great time, as usual, at the Seige.

I am sooooooooooooooooo surprised that more haven't stepped up and taken advantage of this opportunity!!! A chance to shoot head to head against the likes of T Bone Dooley!!!! and out of his usual category!!!

and out of the 4 of us, not one cracker!!!!

no crackers cuz this is our state match, like all the Ga folks did not shoot it in Ga.

speaking of that wheres all them Ga Boys,

no crackers cuz this is our state match, like all the Ga folks did not shoot it in Ga.

speaking of that wheres all them Ga Boys,

I have the same question. Challenged a bunch of them (many of them far more capable than I am) on the other thread and not a single response. I know they troll the Wire. So what's the problem ladies and gents? At least tell me why you don't want to shoot a category designed to let you experience other facets of your favorite sport. Stan has made a great offer and I would like to see some of my Georgia pards take the challenge.

so what is stopping Crackers from shooting it???? It's not like they can all will their cats.... I reckon thaze chickuns!!!!! Chickuns I tell yuze, and so iz those GA folk!!!!!!

Myself I reckon being top All Around Cowboy is better than any Cat win!!!!

Nobody called me out! But then again I'm not really a Cracker being from Bama. I can't make it this year, but with the job change I'm currently going through I'll be able to come next time for sure.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way Dan! I thought your AAC at the GA State was a blast. I'm just too lazy and cheap to be buying all the stuff I would need to load, shoot and (worst of all) CLEAN BP.

We were not 100% sure that we could make it this year. But it looks like its a go! The reason that I am not going to shoot the AAC is it would take me out of the BP shoot off! I really enjoy shooting head to head with the top BP shooters. Florida is the only match that I have shot in that offers a BP shoot off. So I will stick with FCD. ;)

I did have a BLAST shooting AAC at Georiga this year. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a challenge this is it! I for one REALLY like the Free Style. It just adds another curve to it! :D

Cheatin'

Nobody called me out! But then again I'm not really a Cracker being from Bama. I can't make it this year, but with the job change I'm currently going through I'll be able to come next time for sure.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way Dan! I thought your AAC at the GA State was a blast. I'm just too lazy and cheap to be buying all the stuff I would need to load, shoot and (worst of all) CLEAN BP.

Ain't you boys never heard of Triple 7? You can get it at Bass Pro. You can load it through your Dillon (I know, it's not recommended but most do it anyway) and it cleans up just like regular powder. It's not that hard, really.

Oh well, AAC is not for the faint of heart.

Ain't you boys never heard of Triple 7? You can get it at Bass Pro. You can load it through your Dillon (I know, it's not recommended but most do it anyway) and it cleans up just like regular powder. It's not that hard, really.

Oh well, AAC is not for the faint of heart.

Dan, my brother, please. I signed up for AAC at GA State knowing you, Stan and Wed Wiver Way would be shooting it (not to mention Cheatin Chamberlin and Hike's Point Hank). You can accuse me of being rash, lazy maybe, perhaps even stoopid, but not faint of heart. ;)

guess they're all crowded in the chicken coop!!!!!!

Stan, if the ones signed up anteed up for the cost of the buckle, wud that suffice? we can't help it if we scared them all off!!

Archived