SASS Wire Forum

Source of Janet Reno "Quote."

Subdeacon Joe

It's one we have all seen on various pro-2nd Amendment pages, "Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal. (Janet Reno)"

Try as I might, and my Google-fu is pretty good, I have not been able to find when, where, and in what context this was said, if it was said at all.

Do any of you have the actual source for this?

I have also looked for it in vain before but could never find it.

I think it might be kind of like the quote about "a gun behind every blade of grass" supposedly made by Yamamoto. Sounds good but no documentatiopn of it anywhere and probably unlikely.

I have also looked for it in vain before but could never find it.

I think it might be kind of like the quote about "a gun behind every blade of grass" supposedly made by Yamamoto. Sounds good but no documentatiopn of it anywhere and probably unlikely.

Which is a shame, because it really does concisely state the goal of the antis.

Yupo. But making stuff up always bites you in the end. Credibility is important, and in short supply these days unfortunately.

Yupo. But making stuff up always bites you in the end. Credibility is important, and in short supply these days unfortunately.

That's why I've been trying to find the source for it. We don't need to sink to the level of Kevin "Ghost 3600 round bullet clips per minute" DeLeon to make our case.

Unfortunately, making stuff up will bite us in the end, but it doesn't seem to be any sort of liability for the antis.

That one's good, but a bit ambiguous. Is she talking about all guns, or just Scary Black Rifles?

Specifically, I think she was referring to SCR's and their derivatives in that particular address.

However, she's made it clear that she pretty much feels that way about all guns... or rather, the average citizen owning guns. And hypocritically, we do know that she once had the only CCW issued by the SFPD in many decades.

From 'bout a year and a half ago (and I think their timeline is a bit askew):

Feinstein Talks about Guns

I could go on about her but think I'd rather have breakfast. ;)

Here's an interesting discussion on the same topic:

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/04/did-janet-reno-really-call-for-the-prohibition-of-firearms-in-1993/

I was intrigued that Reno did not like the idea of gun registration; rather, she wanted some uniform competency requirements set for handgun ownership/carry.

LL

The only thing Diane Feinstein ever had going for herself was (figuratively) George Moscone's and Harvey Milk's blood on her shirt. The only thing Harvey Milk ever had going for him was being killed. Mr. "Twinky Defense" White didn't do any good for anyone; they were all cut from the same rancid bolt of cloth.

Here's an interesting discussion on the same topic:

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/04/did-janet-reno-really-call-for-the-prohibition-of-firearms-in-1993/

I was intrigued that Reno did not like the idea of gun registration; rather, she wanted some uniform competency requirements set for handgun ownership/carry.

LL

What she said and what she really wanted were two different things I expect.

Archived