SASS Wire Forum

Cabelas yearly C&B deal?

Come On Christmas

do you think the 1858 Remington brass frame is this years' way cheap revolver at $169?

Or do you counsel patience, grasshopper, patience?

Wants a Steel Frame 1858 remington or 1860 colt replica . . .

Crayfish,

That unspeakable Shameless Womanizer

Wait for the steel............HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!

I have a couple brassers I use for parts.... <_<

Knarley

All depends on what you want it for. If you shoot one match a month a brass frame is fine.

Yeah, I just thought this was this year's "steal". I want a steel version.

Bob is correct about the once a month thang cause the brass is harder then back in the day.

It's really unbelievable, the cap and ball shooters in my part of Texas are few and far between. (1.5 to 2 hour drive from A surburb north of DFW airport.

The brass model maybe okay cause I am a mind to always shoot one cartridge pistol and one cap gun. Most of it is me slow loading and keeping up now that I am 60. Especially when there are 10 or less cartridge shooters in a posse. Not complaining here just saying.

But then I might wanna buy a USED pale rider conversion cylinder.

Gonna wait and see on Cabelas or buy used off the wire. The auction site prices for used cap guns are mostly rediculous or run up by bidders.

Last year, I ordered three steel frame Pietta 1858's from Cabela's that ended up back-ordered, so I don't know just when I placed the order, but I received them January 23rd. I'm thinking it was right before Christmas...? Anyway, with free shipping/instant rebates, it figured out to $176.94 ea AND there was a free starter kit tossed in with each one to sweeten the deal. Even sweeter, one of them was never charged to my credit card - I called twice and was assured both times we were square, so the final cost actually figured out to $117.96 ea.

Last year, I ordered three steel frame Pietta 1858's from Cabela's that ended up back-ordered, so I don't know just when I placed the order, but I received them January 23rd. I'm thinking it was right before Christmas...? Anyway, with free shipping/instant rebates, it figured out to $176.94 ea AND there was a free starter kit tossed in with each one to sweeten the deal. Even sweeter, one of them was never charged to my credit card - I called twice and was assured both times we were square, so the final cost actually figured out to $117.96 ea.

Even sweeter is if they charged Sportsman for the third one. ;)

Archived