SASS Wire Forum

Seige at St. Augestine

T-Bone SASS #36388

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T-Bone the Best Western in St Augustine 904-829-1999 $65 per nite. 5 min from the range. The town of St Augustine is a nice place to visit. Very historic. I will see ya there.

Beaver Creek Boy & I will be there w/ a new shooter. My son in law who has yet to decide on his name. But he is a keeper. He came in w/ the baby on Sunday w/150 rds of .308 to keep the DPMS ar going & 100 rds of .223 for the AR-15! I gave him a press & he was off & running. He is all nervous about the big match but I reminded him he is only shooting against himself. And no guts, no glory!!! DSH

Here might be a first on the SASS wire. The Ligntner Museum is one of the few places in the world you can see a REAL shrunken head. Well, you said things to do....

I'll be there unless my wife's radiation kicks her butt too badly!!!

Best Western is cheaper, Wingate is nicer and next door!!!

yur gonna like it!!

I understand there are some really nice places just south of there....around Key West. :lol:

All the hotels are close to the range and the campground so take your pick and we will see you and Elli Gant there.

Darby and I will be Berm Marshalls. Great shoot with an excellent group putting it on. Excited to see all my pards and pardettes from Florida. I should be doing the snowbird thing after xmas.

KK

T Bone

See you there. If you get a chance, eat at the Columbia Restaurant--great ambience and terrific Spanish food. If pizza is more your style, you can't be Pizza Alley. The Bridge of Lions is worth seeing, as is the Lighthouse (from the top), the Fort and all of Old Town. Stick your toes in the ocean--they don't have that in English TX.

We went a couple yrs ago and sure enjoyed everything about this match. T- Bone y'all

will love this shoot. Wife and I waded in Atlantic ocean ..82degrees.. have family in area

so we stayed in area about 2 wks and have great memories about this shoot/vacation.

Hope to go back one fine day.

...crosscut hardy

What did Fireball use to say.....there's them that bring the whuppin and them that suffer the whuppin.....which one are you?

Stan

SUFFER. But have a great time anyway.

I'm going to make for the first time this year. If anyone is going who lives close to Widow Maker Hill, please let me know as I would like to have a rifle delivered to him. Thanks

count me in, challenge ????

RRR

aha...I'm cooking something up......."All Around Cowboy" is one thought but just like the GA boys were hesitant to join in because it was "their" state match I would be hesitant......if ALL AROUND is something that garners some support here I would be glad to provide a NICE prize for the winners....male and female.

So who is interested in All Around Cowboy.....using similar rules as GA.

Stan - who is working on another challenge as well!!!!!

Dang! This is the first time I am going to miss the Florida State Match since I started going in 2007! One of the best matches ANYWHERE! When the Convention was moved to January, they dropped it right on top of this match. I was still planning on going to the Match until I heard my best pard Chuckaroo was being inducted into the SASS Hall Of Fame at the Convention. No Way I could miss that. Dang!

By the way, when will the 2016 Applications be up? :P

Pistol Packin' Peanut and I will be there this year. Finally getting a handle on my illness and just started shooting again.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone after our long absence.

-Deadlee

Pistol Packin' Peanut and I will be there this year. Finally getting a handle on my illness and just started shooting again.

-Deadlee

Now there's some good news!!!!

Stan

-Deadlee

AWESOME! I was just thinking about you the other day and had planned an email checkup to see how things were going. November is my "Check On The Florida Pards Month" as I start planning my usual trip to the warm country. Sure hope to see you guys in 2016 and who knows, maybe you can make it up North to the Eastern Divisional at Thurmont.

Dogmeat Dad

I understand there are some really nice places just south of there....around Key West. :lol:

All the hotels are close to the range and the campground so take your pick and we will see you and Elli Gant there.

Hey...Got a nephew , Jason, that runs a tapa's eatin place on Key West. If ya float out there, tell em I said hello.

www.santiagosbodega.com

What did Fireball use to say.....there's them that bring the whuppin and them that suffer the whuppin.....which one are you?

Stan

Been sufferin' pretty bad this year but I'm feelin' good about 2015.

Gotta get my app in the mail. Printer ran outta ink months ago.

Hopin' all the Outlaws can shoot together this year. :lol:

Of course, all participating Outlaws get a pin to commemorate their visit to the Florida State match.

Kind of a Florida tradition.

Thinkin' T-Bone will like the Crab Shack!!!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

stan, let me know what yu come up with for all around cowboy!! think it otta be at least 4 stages GF tho,,,,, well, maybe 3 gf 3 d, 3 squaw, and 1 optional,,,, at least 3 bp and at shooters option of when...

just thinking out loud....

gonna be fun no matter what I shoot, BW, GF, or AAC,,,,

Haven't been to st Augustine since I was a kid. Iirc there is a lot of history there pre Columbus iirc like when ponce de Leon landed there searching for the fountain of youth. An old jail/prison etc. my grandparents took us grandkids to fla to visit our aunt in Jacksonville at the time and we traveled all over one year shortly after it open we even made it to Disney world and the glass bottom boats of Clearwater. Take the time and stay in the area and play tourist for a week.

T-Bone, not sure just what's going on yet, but if I'm down there by then, Ide invite yuze to visit a spell in FT Myers,,,,

This will be the first year we miss since we started shooting. It's not in the cards this year but I'm hoping to make it up Saturday to visit and I must have Cowboy Hugs from Karl and Purty Boy or is it Cheyenne these days, not to mention a whole bunch of great folks to visit. January wouldn't be the same without them.

Really looking forward to the Siege as usual. Visiting with all the pards that don't normally see and the Crab Shack.......MMMMM, Crab Shack.

Haven't been to st Augustine since I was a kid. Iirc there is a lot of history there pre Columbus iirc like when ponce de Leon landed there searching for the fountain of youth. An old jail/prison etc. my grandparents took us grandkids to fla to visit our aunt in Jacksonville at the time and we traveled all over one year shortly after it open we even made it to Disney world and the glass bottom boats of Clearwater. Take the time and stay in the area and play tourist for a week.

Disney's still there but the glass bottom boats of Clearwater (and Rainbow Springs) are long gone. :(

Been sufferin' pretty bad this year but I'm feelin' good about 2015.

Gotta get my app in the mail. Printer ran outta ink months ago.

Hopin' all the Outlaws can shoot together this year. :lol:

Of course, all participating Outlaws get a pin to commemorate their visit to the Florida State match.

Kind of a Florida tradition.

Thinkin' T-Bone will like the Crab Shack!!!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I shoulda knowed ole Wairmea would show up....anytime there are a bunch of Outlaws around he'd be in the thick of things....just hope he don't end up in the middle of things....a man could get shot standing there :lol:

So Waimea, you ole waffle wrangler....whar er ya hangin' yore hat for this shoot? I needs ta know so's I kin be on the look out fer ya....won't do for the likes of you to be a slippin' up on a man :D

Well I'm working on getting my stuff together and in the mail. It'll be good to see the usual gang of thieves...er uh...Cracker Crew again. It's always a fun time down to the Siege and we gonna pass a good time der yeah!

Lassiez les bon temps rouler ya'll!

Kajun

Archived