SASS Wire Forum

Question about Arlington, Tx.

Dorado

A friend of mine is going to be moving to Arlington, Texas in a few weeks. He asked me if I knew anything about the area. Sadly I don't. So, I figured I'd ask the ever knowing Saloon.

What are some good areas to live in, what areas to avoid?

What about Mansfield?

Thanks

Dorado

I cannot be of any help on living in the Arlington area as I live 30 miles East of the metroplex. Have a friend that lives there I'll send him an email and see what he has to say.

BTW your friend will find more than enough places to shoot CAS. There are more monthly matches within a 2 hour drive of the metroplex than there are weekends in the month. There is at least 1 match every weekend and many weekends there are two or three.

A friend of mine is going to be moving to Arlington, Texas in a few weeks. He asked me if I knew anything about the area. Sadly I don't. So, I figured I'd ask the ever knowing Saloon.

What are some good areas to live in, what areas to avoid?

What about Mansfield?

Thanks

Dorado

I live in Arlington, and would be glad to fill your pard in on some of the ups and downs of the area. Have him give me a PM and I'll provide him with my phone #.

Al

I would Al but he's not into CAS or on the forum. But I'll relay what ever information you can spare.

I live about 150 miles west of there and avoid the place unless I have to fly someplace out of D-FW. They haven't printed enough money to get me to move to the Metroplex. But that just me. Hope he likes it there. I served my time in college in Austin and San Antonio. I ain't lost nothing in big cities!

JHC

I live about 150 miles west of there and avoid the place unless I have to fly someplace out of D-FW. They haven't printed enough money to get me to move to the Metroplex. But that just me. Hope he likes it there. I served my time in college in Austin and San Antonio. I ain't lost nothing in big cities!

JHC

Yeah I'm like you. I don't want to live in a city. I'd much rather be out in the sticks.

Here is what I got from a friend that lives in Arlington.

Where to live in Arlington, it depends on what they’re looking for. The younger, newer part of town is southwest. That’s where most of the rich from inheritance brats wind up going (Martin High school and Bowie High school areas). North is where the more older crowd has seemed to congregate. Arlington is so land locked it hard to find new homes being built. As far as schools, most of them are good but we do have some bad ones (avoid Sam Houston High area). Some of the surrounding towns are nice depending where your job is (Mansfield is South and Euless is North). Oh, avoid the stadium area, traffic is terrible during baseball and football season.

Archived