SASS Wire Forum

concertina wire

Trigger Mike

If your trespassers are Vietnamese, you'll need something else. ;)

If your trespassers are Vietnamese, you'll need something else. ;)

Hardpan and Marshal Troop are giving good advice here as tough as it is to like. Until there is a real fix to what is known as Tort (lawsuit city to us non lawyers) that is the way it stands. The only reason homeowners no longer get sued out of house and home when they send a bad guy who broke in to St. Peter for a personal evaluation, is because of "stand your ground" and "castle doctrine." Otherwise the homeowner would be in for a ration of financial rape courtesy of the family of the deceased and the ambulance chaser who would gladly take the job on commission plus expenses.

To the lawyers out there that might read this: I have done computer work for many law firms and have found some lawyers to be good people, there are jokes about the rest.

Don't know what you have in mind, but you aren't making a barrier to an opposing force, so put up only standard fencing, common for your area. However, do also put up at regular intervals, No Trespassing signs. I live in a rural area and have 4 strands of barbed wire. 5 strands is better. A good number of signs does work. Probably cheaper than razor wire or concertina wire.

Seen deer clear an 8 footer from a standing start. You don't need to worry about keeping the deer out with a good fence! I had some signs made up the say No Trespassing Keep the He!! OUT! They got the point.

just thought concertina would be easier to string

You have never put up concertina then. It has a mind of its own and will grab anything and everything that might prevent it from going to the place where you want it to be. On top of that, it can be just as dangerous to the installer as to prospective trespassers.

A basic barb wire fence will serve you well.

I'd still rather string concertina than put up a 3 strand barb wire fence, that's for dang sure! ;)

Stretchin and hammerin, stretchin and hammerin.......

I'll take concertina. :D

When I worked the night shift at the County Jail we would take our breaks in the outdoor rec area. I still remember those romantic nights watching the concertina glitter in the moonlight on the top of the 20 ft. chainlink. Ahhh, memories, memories!

I think triple roll concertina is the best invention since sliced bread. In reality, you had better have a fence they have to breach before they reach the concertina. That way they have already committed an offense before the concertina.

Now I won't say who because of possible legal woes, but I know someone ;) who was having horrible problems with folks cutting the locks on his hunting lease. Here's what stopped the vandals/meth labs. A large no trespassing sign followed by a tubular metal gate from TSC mounted on wood posts. The gate has a solar cattle electric fence charger attached to it. Attempting to open the gate can be an enlightening experience. There were some mighty funny expressions on folks faces when the game camera covering the fence was reviewed!!! It worked well until the bad guys started pushing the gate down with their truck. A next barrier of protection was made 50 yards inside the gate on the dirt road. Caltrops were scattered except for an area just big enough to get your vehicle through on the left side of the road. A perimeter alarm using 12 gauge blanks with trip wire was established on the sides of the road and across the caltrops. These perimeter alarms are only $29.99. Based upon the game camera at this site, nobody has made it past this point.

No more shake-n-bake cooks or sodium ammonia reduction labs have been found on the property

These meth lab idiots start a lot of woodland fires when they try to reduce the pill slurry made with ether as a solvent and try to heat it over an open flame. About 1/4 of all labs are found due to fire. The part that pisses me off is there dump site after the cook. You have to hire a hazardous waste company to clean it up.

And your signs shouls say (this is my favorite!)

TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED!

I made up this sign, had a few made, then decided that if bad went to worst, my ass wouldn't be IN jail, but instead, UNDER the jail:

TRESPASSERS & SURVIVORS SHOT

Instead, I bought a bunch of standard, commercial No Trespassing signs with a blank space in them. Using a heavy black marker, I printed in the space, "Armed Response". There was a noticeable, immediate decline in trespassers.

I'd still rather string concertina than put up a 3 strand barb wire fence, that's for dang sure! ;)

I remember when the Army switched us from coiled barbed wire to concertina. Imagine setting up a perimeter around your deuce and a half. Then taking it down and putting devil wire back on top of the truck, moving out and setting up a new perimeter. I thing it was the first sgt getting revenge.

Archived