SASS Wire Forum

Run on Reloading Supplies?

Come On Christmas

For awhile it was primers...all out. Now primers are back but powder is not available, a few bottle show up but rarely..Been this way for about 18 months.

And if you go shopping for 22's and find some you have just entered the Twilight Zone.

Ike, who stocked up before the shortage.

I find myself trying powders I would never have loaded in the past just because I can't get anything else. Some have actually worked out better like the CFR223. Good stuff! but that is one of the exceptions.

Yeah, primers are available here in the burbs of Dallas.

I wanted to buy some Clays and not available locally and then I checked online- no gotty.

Fortunately I bought some Unique Cheap at a South Texas Gun Show that will get me by.

Gonna go vote and do what I can.

I am not sure what is driving the shortages. I had to buy some Titewad to suppliment my shotgun reloading. I was using Clays.

Then I found some IMR 4895 and bought a couple of those. I saw some Winchester 231 the other day at a decent price.

There's a gunshow here at the end of the month and I'll go just to look for powder. .22's are to much to hope for unless I'm willing to pay $80-$100 a brick. I'd sell off my .22's except that nobody want to buy guns in an obsolete and unavailable caliber. :P

That seems to be the bother, Bugs. I thought about selling one or two of my virtual .22s but there does not seem to be a market for rimfire just now. I really don't need two and my guns seem to be retired along with me. Maybe if the rain lets up I can make it to the range and warm a few up.

Powder's the one thing I can't find. I use Unique in all my pistols. Yesterday mornin', gunbot alerted me that Natchez had 8 pound kegs of Titegroup. I hurried over to the sight to place an order. Learned that they have a non-compete clause which prevents them from selling to people in certain South-Eastern States.

Wanted to cry.

Learned that they have a non-compete clause which prevents them from selling to people in certain South-Eastern States.

Did they say who that non-compete deal was with?

:huh:

lack of 30 cal ?

got a bunch under the loadin' bench

:)

stocked up a LONG time ago

Now to find more powder :o

CB :P

Are you sure? I heard you haven't been able to see under that loading bench for a long time.

I haven't noticed any abnormal shortages recently. Abnormal as far as the past several years go anyway.

See that sign post up ahead? I zoomed past it yesterday into the mist and bought a case of ten (10) one-pound bottles of TiteGroup, at a normal price, in two minutes and one phone call. I came out on the other side of that weird, sticky blue fog about a mile later. Sun was out, we still had that annoying Daylight Savings Time and Obama was still occupying our White House, BUT my gunpowder, apparently, is headed this way. A possible sign of things to come? I'll have to consult the Gypsy, roll the bones and see, I s'pose.

Today might be my lucky day. 3rd Generation came out with a new run of powder today and I managed to place an order for an 8 pound keg of unique before they were sold out. (Didn't take long!) Then my missing cat turns back up.

I went to the store and bought a lottery ticket.

Archived