SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Longfowler SxS

Red Cent

I have no experience with it, but it looks like the Uplander with 4 more inches of barrel and extended chokes that I think the rules would require you to replace with flush mounted chokes.

Stoeger shotguns with two triggers seem to work OK. On the other hand, my experience with a single trigger Stoeger was poor. Didn't work the way it was supposed to. Sometimes it didn't work right, and sometimes it didn't work at all. :angry:

Yep, extended choke tubes would have to be replaced.

Has a matte finish - may not be to everyone's taste.

Why get a long barrel version when Stoeger already sells the same action chopped to a short version? The definition of insanity is buying the same gun as you bought before, except not set up as you want to use it, for the second time. :lol:

Good luck, GJ

First, a hacksaw would take care of the choke problem. Second, the gun is made by an old firearm maker, Brazil’s E.M. Amantino. The reviews give its finish and fit a D. 'bout the same as any less than $500.00 (street price is around $400.00) foreign made gun. And a used one will cost less. And it could give me something to do this month. Did a Baikal some time back and just finished a 311.

I bought an Uplander a few years ago because it was cheaper than the coach gun. Hacksaw and a trip in a mill provided a 20 inch coach gun. It has a single trigger that I have had no problems with. Shoots Remington club shells, both new and reloaded with BP without trouble. I would buy another but I already have a double trigger that I bought in 2000 that is still functioning fine. If you buy at Dick's they might still offer a rebate, but you have to ask for it.

Mary likes our Uplander better than the coach gun. One reason is the longer barrels make it easier to open - at least between the two Stoegers we have,

There seems to be no shortage of Stoeger coach guns so I don't see any wisdom in buying a long barreled model and cutting it down.

Fun to work on.

GEDC0053_zpsc663af3a.jpg

Archived