SASS Wire Forum

Palo Verde and Cowtown

Kirk James

A special thanks to Palo Verde and his wife for putting together the raffle for Cowtown. Thank you to the many donors who gave items for the raffle. This is an example of the incredible individuals you meet in Cowboy Action Shooting. While I have not had the opportunity to shoot at Cowtown lately, it is a favorite for so many. I also would like to thank the many workers who are putting the range back together. Thank you Barbwire for hard work and dedication.

Palo Verde did a great job on the Cowtown Raffle. With his help and the generous donations of many, the Cowtown range will be bigger and better than before the floods.

This is the cowboy way!!!!!!

Thanks.

One day, soon after the flood, I was about to write a check to help with the re-build of Cowtown and thought "hmmm, maybe I could raffle off an "as new Winchester rifle and some .22LR" that was in the Palo Verde Gunworks inventory and maybe raise a few hundred dollars.

I emailed Misty Moonshine and she was kind enough to OK the fund-raising post on the Wire. Others posted pictures of the devastation and the world of Cowboy Shooters could see, with their own eyes, what was lost. Money started coming in and more raffle prizes started coming in -- truly amazing. :)

I received money from coast to coast and from Canada to Germany. :) many folks said "no raffle tickets, just glad to help"

Bordertown folks were kind enough to let us hold the drawing there and also donated a free 2015 Bordertown entry. A number of other folks helped, e.g. Lead Finger carried the raffle to several shoots and to Eldorado.

The word was out. I received a total of $4,300. :D and presented that to Barbwire at Bordertown to help with the re-build.

Cowboy Shooters are certainly generous folks! :D

In today's world, a shooting range is too valuable to lose!

Archived