SASS Wire Forum

2015 SASS Sanctioning Structure- UPDATED

Misty Moonshine

Shooters just do not want to go to California! Sorry if that hurt some feelings out there. The divisional shoots will cater to the retired and those that live close to the match, not the best shooters in the Western Division. The only way to have a true divisional shoot is to have the shoot close to the middle of the division. Salt Lake city area would be a better choice. That's only 500 miles from my house instead of 1000. If the Divisional shoot was in the Denver area how many Californians would show up?

Great support from a TG no less..... <_<

"Shooters just do not want to go to California!"

Sez WHO?

OLG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shooters just do not want to go to California!

I LOVE going to shoots in California. Some of the best shoots I could have possibly imagined are reality there. You can bet your last dollar I'm going to continue going to shoots there until I can't shoot anymore.

Now, would I want to LIVE there? No way in Hell. They've got folks there like the Original Lumpy Grits, Irish Red O'Toole, Bull Shooter and Smokestack. Don't ever want to live too near that many folks that are every bit as insane as I am. :P

There....you have just had CA's "impossible to follow" gun laws explained so even a Democrat can stay on the right side of the law. What other reasons are "we" going to use to not come out? Ok how about high prices for Gas, food and lodging. Air quality, congestion on road ways just to mention a few! Just couldn't resist, I'll be there! ! Hells Comin 👹 flame away !

EOT used to be 20 minutes from me, now it's 2 days. I went. Did you?

p.s. Bet it'll be closer to the "best shooters" than Salt Lake!!!!! ;):P:lol:

Yes, I was at EOT in CA twice and my wife and I were the first couple to be married at FR in 2005. The best shooter I know is Cobra Cat and he is from Colorado. Which happens to be closer to SLC than Norco.

;):P:lol:

Great support from a TG no less..... <_<

"Shooters just do not want to go to California!"

Sez WHO?

OLG

I was just making a statement OLG, nothing to do with supporting anything. Since you live in CA you are probably biased. Many in other states don't care to travel to CA. Not just my opinion, it's the opinion of most of the "shooters in my club and many others in my area." :)

I was just making a statement OLG, nothing to do with supporting anything. Since you live in CA you are probably biased. Many in other states don't care to travel to CA. Not just my opinion, it's the opinion of most of the "shooters in my club and many others in my area." :)

The out of state attendance for our larger matches. Just proves you don't bother to check your facts before post'n.

I have no love for PRK's politics. So stop jump'n to conclusions about me be'n biased. You don't know me--

BTW-We do love be'n able to shoot all year long- ^_^

OLG

Yes, I was at EOT in CA twice and my wife and I were the first couple to be married at FR in 2005. The best shooter I know is Cobra Cat and he is from Colorado. Which happens to be closer to SLC than Norco.

Cobra Cat is someone you know or know of?? Because if your friends you should ask him where he would rather go. California or Utah?? Since your speaking for him. I could call him for you if you need me to.

Cobra Cat is someone you know or know of?? Because if your friends you should ask him where he would rather go. California or Utah?? Since your speaking for him. I could call him for you if you need me to.

BS, you can call Parker Gibson(Cobra Cat), if you want and ask him where he would rather shoot, I have his cell number if you would like it. I've watched him grow up and I know his family quite well. I did not speak for him. You need to re-read my statement to Beartrap, he said what and I replied. You took my statement out of context! I have nothing against you or any shooters from CA, I'm just letting you know how many shooters that I know feel about traveling to CA to a shooting event.

Shooters just do not want to go to California! Sorry if that hurt some feelings out there. The divisional shoots will cater to the retired and those that live close to the match, not the best shooters in the Western Division. The only way to have a true divisional shoot is to have the shoot close to the middle of the division. Salt Lake city area would be a better choice. That's only 500 miles from my house instead of 1000. If the Divisional shoot was in the Denver area how many Californians would show up?

Just out of morbid curiosity, are you suggesting that the Western divisional be more centrally located by population, active SASS members, match attendance, geographically, or just more centrally located to you? I am curious how you came up with Salt Lake.

I would be far more likely to go to a divisional in Utah than in CA, but that's just ME. Distance, traffic, congestion, etc all come in to play in my decision.

But there is no perfect solution that will satisfy everyone.

Personally I would like to see the divisionals, and regionals move year to year if there are suitable and willing clubs available to host the events.

Just out of morbid curiosity, are you suggesting that the Western divisional be more centrally located by population, active SASS members, match attendance, geographically, or just more centrally located to you? I am curious how you came up with Salt Lake.

Geographically, the SLC area would be a more central location for the Western Division. It's around 500 miles to SLC area from my place and around the same for you.

For many it would be closer, I could make the trip in a day and it would be a possible shoot. 1000 miles is just too far and would add a couple days to the trip. A fix would be to add another divisional shoot, perhaps the West Central Division, and move the boundaries as needed to make 4 divisions. The new structure does nothing for shooter from my area. 1200 miles to our regional, 1000 miles to the divisional, 1000 miles to WR. Although we are only 600 miles from EOT.

FYI it is roughly 1000 miles from you to Norco. It is roughly 2700 miles from Hawaii to Norco. It is roughly 2900 miles from Alaska to Norco. I think somewhere off the coast of Canada would be the most central.

Hard to tow an RV from Hawaii. What location in Alaska, it's a big state? And, I now how far it is to Norco I've been there.We could just shoot at Waterworld.

now boys,,,,, yu cud du this via PMs.....

or go out in the snow and measure who can Procedural the furthest!!!!

Its all moot point. It is in Norco and it's going to be a great match. There are lots of hotels and there is a ton of other things to do with in 30 min. of the range for family and friends that may not shoot. We've got it all. As far as active SASS members I know Cal. Is still the largest in members. I'm sure we come CLOSE to being central as far as active SASS members goes, but it will be a great match and if your a true Cowboy who loves our sport then putting down rude comments about decisions that have already been made only shows bad judgement and doesn't help anything.

Archived