SASS Wire Forum

2015 SASS Sanctioning Structure- UPDATED

Misty Moonshine

Ok. I promise to volunteer to work hard to change the Western Divisional match to eliminate date conflicts. I am very positive in this effort.

+1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all the complainers .... why don't you roll up your sleeves and volunteer?!?! Get involved with a positive attitude and start making a difference, instead of making waves.

Like my grandfather used to say .... if you aren't willing to pitch in, you aren't allowed to pitch a fit.

Spent the last 2 years as president of ACSA, my wife has been secratary, and we have both spent our time, money and effort helping othe clubs as well. We have both Been to several work party's for winter range and volunteered to work long rang at W/R last year even though I didn't shoot any part of the match. And you know what ????? Not a damn thing I can do will fix the fact that SASS intentionaly double booked MAJOR shoots on the same weekend

Spent the last 2 years as president of ACSA, my wife has been secratary, and we have both spent our time, money and effort helping othe clubs as well. We have both Been to several work party's for winter range and volunteered to work long rang at W/R last year even though I didn't shoot any part of the match. And you know what ????? Not a damn thing I can do will fix the fact that SASS intentionaly double booked MAJOR shoots on the same weekend

Why would they do this? To what end, or purpose would it serve?

I've been following this topic but I don't see an intent to harm the game.

I didn't say they did it to harm anyone

But misty has stated she saw it on the calendar and did it anyway. The central divisional managed to move, and she has stated she is working with Norco to try to resolve the western divisional issue. But the fact remains they knew there where conflicts with TX and with AZ, and released this without/before resolving these conflicts. Seems to meet the definition of intentional to me.

I didn't say they did it to harm anyone

But misty has stated she saw it on the calendar and did it anyway. The central divisional managed to move, and she has stated she is working with Norco to try to resolve the western divisional issue. But the fact remains they knew there where conflicts with TX and with AZ, and released this without/before resolving these conflicts. Seems to meet the definition of intentional to me.

And they knew this Western Division conflict was present since they awarded it in May or June. I would like both to be successful.

To all the complainers .... why don't you roll up your sleeves and volunteer?!?! Get involved with a positive attitude and start making a difference, instead of making waves.

Like my grandfather used to say .... if you aren't willing to pitch in, you aren't allowed to pitch a fit.

I for one am not surprised that before too long this thread would bring out some personal, off topic comments such as this. But a lecture to all of the "complainers" from a shooter admittedly new to CAS, regarding volunteering, supporting the game, "pitching in", etc. is beyond the pale. I would suggest that the "new shooter" do a little checking of the profiles of the "complainers" , their longevity and contributions to SASS on the local, state and national level before lecturing any further. This is an important issue to many, many shooters, new to the game or holding 4 digit SASS numbers. I, for one, hope that the one glaring conflict will be resolved to the benefit of both match sponsors and the SASS officers, and most importantly, shooters from everywhere that would wish to compete in both events.

Suggest you look at some of your so called complainers. Example: Read the post by T A Chance. In addition to his long standing work on Bordertown, he is the current Match director and stage designer for End off Trail and has been for last few years. I suspect he has done more hard work for SASS in the last year than you will do in a lifetime of shooting CAS matches

If you look again and read TA Chances post. You'll see that it was his wife that posted Mist Chance. Mist Chance has also worked very hard to help SASS, but not sure how bad mouthing a newer shooter with your 4 digit SASS # helps our sport. He's not allowed his opinion? I have a 3 digit SASS # so does that mean my opinion is worth more then yours?

If you look again and read TA Chances post. You'll see that it was his wife that posted Mist Chance. Mist Chance has also worked very hard to help SASS, but not sure how bad mouthing a newer shooter with your 4 digit SASS # helps our sport. He's not allowed his opinion? I have a 3 digit SASS # so does that mean my opinion is worth more then yours?

I would suggest that if one is relatively new to this game...perhaps they should know a bit about a member(s) contribution(s) to this game before they impugn on their character.

Just a suggestion...

Phantom

As our dear former Administrator would write. It is time for tempers to cool. Once a thread takes a certain turn it is rare that it can get back on track without more animosity.

Of course, our dear Misty can unlock this thread or start another to give information about this topic.

I wish to personally thank so many for adequately reminding me as to why I take frequent brakes from the "crier!" All I am gonna say about this thread is that this project must be a logistical nightmare that is not being made any easier by the attitudes that are being shown here on this thread. So glad I am not Misty Moonshine or the Match Directors of some of these shoots! To all working so hard on this.....Thanks!

I wish to personally thank so many for adequately reminding me as to why I take frequent brakes from the "crier!" All I am gonna say about this thread is that this project must be a logistical nightmare that is not being made any easier by the attitudes that are being shown here on this thread. So glad I am not Misty Moonshine or the Match Directors of some of these shoots! To all working so hard on this.....Thanks!

Amen

Hello Pards and Pardett's

I am afraid that we have jumped the gun a little early on our date change for the U S OPEN Central Divisional Championship.

I knew better than to do it from while I was in Texas .

That said it will be better on the new and final dates of August 27,28, and 29.

The date in April was being booked here in Sparta just as I was trying to book it from Texas. We will host a youth shooting match with close to 2000 young folks shooting so it is very hard for me to get upset when so much good will come from it .

The August Date is better weather and for the last 2 years has been beautiful weather (early April is hit or miss at best)

The last week of August is several weeks before or after any major matches scheduled in our area and quite frankly the last option I have.

I am sure that this will not work for some folks schedules and I apologize if this conflicts with other plans any of you may have.

The Entry Forms are located at http://www.mosenbella.com and on the US OPEN Facebook page

There will be a substantial discount for early entry.

This will be one heck of a match I promise

MOSE

Mose and Bella

That is great. Will work well for Bent Barrel Betty and I---putting it on the calendar NOW

Kow Katcher

PS Thanks to all who have worked on coordinating all the new matches. We as shooters should be thankful that there are folks out there willing to contribute so much to us.

Starting in late August there is the Divisional in Sparta, followed by the Midwest Regional in Morristown in September and then the Southwest Regional in OK City in October all leading a week later to the Missouri Triple Classic. I know the planning sounds backwards if you think a divisional should follow regionals which should follow state matches, but if you are like me and really look forward to your state match you couldn't have planned things any better if you had been on the planning committee. Three big up close and personal matches before my state match. For me that means a lot of solid practice stages. Woo hoo.

I want to THANK all of those involved.

With so many states involved. And so many matches. Trying to pick a date that does not step on

any toes is NOT A EASY ONE.

They are doing what they can as best they can. And my hat is off to them.

I think these will be great additions to the SASS line up of matches to attend.

There is no place one can put all those matches and some not have to drive farther than others.

Just the way it is.

So having to drive 12 hours to get to the Central Divisional is OK with me. Sparta is the place it should be.

Even if it is a ways from Texas. That is the best place to have it.

And I am sure that was looked at with all the others also. Some times the best place (club) is not always

the most central location.

But better to have it at a club that can do it and have to drive a little ways.

Than just to stick it at a central club that can not make it happen and pull it off in the right way.

Keep up the good work. I was ready to stop my membership a few years ago.

But Misty's changes and can do attitude with us shooters in mind has won me back over the last few

years.

And I thank her for that.

Oops I am already printing out a 20 page doc for planning my 2015 dream of going to all the shoots. What a trip it would be.

I need to retire with more dough than I thought.

I understand the difficulty of herding cats and making a schedule that is happy for all. If it can be done, I would not like to try, so kudos.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way that I'll take a chance on being jailed in order to compete in California. I am too old to spend any time in jail. It's hard to enter a state in which the firearms control laws seem to be in a constant state of court proceedings. The Western championship will have to be one that I will miss.

There is no way that I'll take a chance on being jailed in order to compete in California. I am too old to spend any time in jail. It's hard to enter a state in which the firearms control laws seem to be in a constant state of court proceedings. The Western championship will have to be one that I will miss.

I think you are over reacting to the point of being silly.

One of the most ridiculous insinuations I've ever seen on the wire. CA probably has more SASS shooters on the road in a WEEKEND than your listed state does in a YEAR. CA gun laws are really pretty simple and very easy to follow.

One of the most ridiculous insinuations I've ever seen on the wire. CA probably has more SASS shooters on the road in a WEEKEND than your listed state does in a YEAR. CA gun laws are really pretty simple and very easy to follow.

Shooters just do not want to go to California! Sorry if that hurt some feelings out there. The divisional shoots will cater to the retired and those that live close to the match, not the best shooters in the Western Division. The only way to have a true divisional shoot is to have the shoot close to the middle of the division. Salt Lake city area would be a better choice. That's only 500 miles from my house instead of 1000. If the Divisional shoot was in the Denver area how many Californians would show up?

Shooters just do not want to go to California! Sorry if that hurt some feelings out there. The divisional shoots will cater to the retired and those that live close to the match, not the best shooters in the Western Division. The only way to have a true divisional shoot is to have the shoot close to the middle of the division. Salt Lake city area would be a better choice. That's only 500 miles from my house instead of 1000. If the Divisional shoot was in the Denver area how many Californians would show up?

EOT used to be 20 minutes from me, now it's 2 days. I went. Did you?

p.s. Bet it'll be closer to the "best shooters" than Salt Lake!!!!! ;):P:lol:

Can you explain CA gun laws for visitors to Ca.

Biggest thing is handguns need to be in some kind of locked container when you travel in CA. A trunk, the locking camper shell on your pickup, a briefcase. Anything that locks. That soft zippered case you put your guns in....just put a lock on the zipper. Most of those cases have a D-ring on them. A small jewelry lock on that and viola, you have a locked container. Long guns just need to be unloaded. As with all things, common sense should rule the day. Firearms in the cargo area of your vehicle. Not in the passenger area. If all you have is a pickup truck, locks on the pistols cases and long guns unloaded and you will not get into trouble.

There....you have just had CA's "impossible to follow" gun laws explained so even a Democrat can stay on the right side of the law. What other reasons are "we" going to use to not come out?

WTH are you talk'n about? :wacko:

Please post facts-Not emotions.

OLG

Archived