SASS Wire Forum

cowboy down

I wrote a lengthy post this morning and it would not post. Let's see if this one does. I have lived through 6days of this,this---you don't want to hear this.

I am alive. Thanks to your prayers. You don't know how grateful to you all I am.

Keep prayers coming please.

I am in a rehab "joint" until the 13th.

CherokeeCharlie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMC,

You should have seen hoe young and beautiful my nurses were in the hospital. Here it is a different story.

BMC,

You should have seen hoe young and beautiful my nurses were in the hospital. Here it is a different story.

Ya say ya got some young h... :D ...never mind. Just git better and come on out to Cherokee so's we can jaw wit cha.

Kajun

Well, they were young, beautiful and they gave me baths. That's the end of my story.

Ya'll are all perverted. Har!

Thank you, a Dave.

I tried to post a pic of my elbow last night and found that Photobucket is on the blocked list from NEGA Hospital system.

Still thinkin' 'bout ya!! Git well quick!!

Let the Margaritas flow. First let me say that my decision not to return to Ambush was one of the. Hardest decisions I have ever made.

I dearly love everyone at Ambush and all the folks I have met and made friends with. I left w/o leaving any burdens behind. I will miss all of my friends and all the good times I have had over the past. ( 16 or17 years). I loose track of time. My health and the cost of the trip has made me realize that I'm not as young as I used to.be.

All hail Alabama!!!

Life is so short. Make the best of it.

I do hope you are healing well and feeling better.

Thank you, Cat.?

HEllo Friends,

Well they turned me loose. I still have to go for 4 weeks and get antibiotics at the hospital once a day for four weeks. Glad to be home after 3 weeks. Had to make new contact with my cat Precious. She almost forgot me. Thanks for your prayers and posts.

God bless.

Charlie!! glad you made your escape!! Stick with them doctors and do what they tell ya'! We need to see ya' out and about in the spring, so keep getting better!

Another round of prayers goin' out!!

Hope you are doing better! Oh and if you feel the need to access the internet without them blocking you, I have two words: Tor Browser If you Google that, you will find a browser that will bypass the nonsense. Use to use that at work when they blocked sites I wanted to visit (believe it or not they blocked Zillow).

Looking forward to the nurse pictures, been in the hospital a time or two and never had a nurse take a bath with me, you must be more persuasive than I am!

Charlie, it took a brave man to make the decision you made, but, like you, it's a decision I'd rather make than have someone else make it for me. We all have that decision in our future.

God Bless, Charlie!

Howdy Folks,

I was released from rehab on Friday and on Sat. I totaled my new truck and destroyed my new wheel chair and the lifting system. Just those two items cost over $8000 and geico wants to pay me $1000. Remember the name.

I am doing ok with badly bruised ribs and a gash on my left leg. GOD was with me all the way.

I should have died in the crash and roll over. Lucky---we often think about these things as luck.after my ordeal I am sure that luck plays no part in it.

It is decision time about my driving. Pray for me. I need it.

CC! The first question is, were you at fault? If it was the fault of someone else, that in itself is no reason to feel that you should stop driving. The fact that you bring it up yourself tells me that you are at least cognizant enough to make an intelligent decision on your own.

If it was your fault, you should likely talk it over with your folks and take an objective look at the circumstances surrounding the incident. After an extended stay in a medical facility, you may have needed a little more recovery time away from drugs and inactivity.

I know that when I started driving after my back surgery several years ago, I felt like I was on another planet when I first started back driving. I'd been out from behind the wheel for almost forty days and my reflexes and recognition were SLOW! I stayed out of town and only took short trips for several days to get my "wheels" back under me. The return to the motorcycle was even more daunting. I had to be off of the bike for six months! I stayed away from heavy traffic and streets in town for a couple of weeks, restricting my excursions to country roads and the interstate during low traffic periods.

Talk it over with your folks. Talk to a cop that you know. Look at it objectively and consider everything involved in what you need to be safe. If you are really uncomfortable driving yourself or if your confidence in your driving is shaky, perhaps get a professional evaluation.

And prayers outbound.

Charlie, I will continue to pray for you, my friend. Take Backwater's advice. He has words of iron, and

there is truth in them. The truck and chair are mechanical things and can be replaced, but there is only

one Cherokee Charlie. I suspect that God is not finished with you yet, and you need more fine tuning.

Listen to Him!

CC! You've been keeping us on our toes lately. Blackwater has sage advice and don't let those insurance people low ball you. Also, maybe medical will cover some costs for the wheelchair.

Most important, take the time to heal and recover.

Prayers for you.

I want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the prayers and the good advise. God bless.

If it were not for friends (more like family) like all of you some of us would not make it. Thanks a million.

Archived