SASS Wire Forum

Bordertown

Rio Brazos Kid

I know that the awards won't be officially announced until tomorrow, but has anybody heard anything at all?? Inquiring minds are interested in any information that anybody has.

RBK

Weather has been great, hot even. Stages wonderful, as usual.

Sass Kicker and Matt Black took several speed side matches.

Check tomorrow after awards.

Good luck, GJ

A big thank you to Wily Yankee who did the stages and set them up. They were awesome, consistent in time, and variable as to how to shoot them. Kudos to you! Thank you to the Bordertown board for another fun time. Last but not least, it was great to see old friends and new. The bummer is that it will be another year to our best time in this sport of ours. Stay safe and shoot straight. Posse 7 rocks!

Fantastic Border Town cowboy action shoot. Great stages, up close and personnel targets, weather was a little hot but we all made it through.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Special congratulations to my son Lead Finger and daughter-in-law Tombstone Sallie for becoming Arizona State Champs in their categories. Thanks to all those involved putting on this fantastic match.

Scores are posted at

http://www.bordertowncas.com/2014.php

Good shooting, pards and pardettes! GJ

Looks like the Derringer Gang shot GF this year, they must have forgotten I could not make it this year so they couldnt put a woopin on me.Congratulations to all the winners, sure missed this year. Hope we can make it back in 2015

Congratulations to the Bordertown Board of Directors and all the volunteers who made 2014 a great Arizona State Championship match.Your hard work paid off big time. Can't wait until next year.

Buckeye Pete :FlagAm:

I almost forgot to say a big THANK YOU TO ALL THE SPONSORS! We appreciate your support.

It was another great Bordertown match & Posse 5 rocked!

TnT,

The Derringers missed shooting with you Pard & hope to see you in 2015:-)

Posse 5 was the best!!! We had an absolute blast with everyone on it!

My wife and I had a splendid time. She is still doing the happy dance for her first place in Ladies Frontier Cartridge. The sponsoring RV park was a great place to stay and party with fellow shooters. We will certainly return.

A Rookie's Impression of Bordertown:

I've been shooting for 10 months now and BT was my first shoot above a club annual level.

All I have to say are good things about the event, the staff, the stages and especially all of the people on POSSE #3.

What a great group. It don't get no better than that...... A special thanks to Lassiter and Barbwire for keeping my mind in the middle those first few stages.

I was about as nervous as a long tailed cat in room full of rockin' chairs for about 3 stages. Then I relaxed and everything was great.

BT was my third 12 stage event and first Clean Match at one, which was my goal from the outset.

Looking forward to BT next year and our little group will be down for Duel in the Desert. Tombstone, we'll beck back!!!

Congratulations to the Bordertown board and all the volunteers. Excellent match and stages. Congrats to Matt Black, Robyn Devault and SASS Kicker as well as the many other great shooters. TA did it again. I finally got to shoot with him and had a blast. Posse 12 rocks. See you next year.

Me thinks Wily Yankee had a major part in the stages. ;)

Yep, it were a fine match even though the targets were a little far out --- some of those rifle targets looked like they were more than 12 feet out. :lol: lucky I brought my heavy loads :lol:

stages were really fine :) everything went smoothly :) Overall, a great shoot :)

but Tex Fiddler gave me a butt whuppin' :(

Bordertown was my first big SASS match. I had a great time. I have loads of experience working majors for USPSA and I can say this was a very well run match. Congratulations to the staff.

For myself, I got a nice shirt as a door prize, which was unexpected and I picked up a couple of nice things at the vendors tents. Shot with some friendly nice folks and overall had a great experience. :D

The level of my experience went WAY up yesterday. I got a call informing me I won the 1911 in the raffle. :wub:

My posse found a small, plastic box of ammo with your name on it on the loading table of one of the early stages. Perhaps the Bordertown crew would ship it along with your 1911.

My posse found a small, plastic box of ammo with your name on it on the loading table of one of the early stages. Perhaps the Bordertown crew would ship it along with your 1911.

Thanks, but I have several of those. Just toss it. It was empty right?

Thanks, but I have several of those. Just toss it. It was empty right?

Don't know whether it was MT or not - I didn't pick it up.

• 1 month later...

And a Big thanks to Nellie Blue for posting the Scores so Quickly . Hells Comin

So were all of my hugs delivered? LOL

So were all of my hugs delivered? LOL

No I didn't get mine

Archived