SASS Wire Forum

WTS Cap & Ball guns

Tyrel Cody

1. 1860 Pietta .44 8" barrel unfired in box. Slixx nipples installed. $235 shipped US only.

2. 1860 Pietta .44 8" barrel unfired in box. Slixx nipples installed. $235 shipped US only.

3. 1860 Pietta .44 5 1/2 barrel. SOLD

Bought the first two from Cabelas last year, installed Slixx nipples and put them in the safe. Bought #3 here on the wire, have no idea who put the dime in the grip; not the prettiest I've seen but shoots just fine. I just can't get motivated to shoot cap & ball so I'm getting rid of them. First "I'll take it" on this thread wins.

# 3; Is the barrel cut down from 8"? The writing on the side of the barrel looks off-center. Holster wear? Action job?

I can't tell tell for sure whether the barrel was cut down or not, if it was they did a good job; the loading lever does not appear to have been recut. No holster wear. No action job.

Tyrel, Tyrel, Tyrel..........Yer missing out on the most fun you can have shootin' a cowboy duelist class.

I sold this 5.5 for a non-computer friend to Tyrel.

As I recall, it is a factory 5.5.

All the barrel printing is in the correct place too for a factory 5.5.

Stay the course Tyrel.

Them new-fangled cartridges will never last.

Bonus -- No brass to clean or load.

--Dawg

Dawg, I'm sure its a hoot, but since my buckaroo started shooting BP all the time I'm looking to simplify as much as possible during the matches. Me, you, Mustang, and Rye are gonna have to get together and make smoke next spring!

Yer on my friend.

Of course, Rye, Mustang & you, being the forward-thinking modern cowpokes you are, will be shootin' them new-fangled cartridge guns. I'll stay with the old established percussion system :D

--Dawg :ph34r:

Yer on my friend.

Of course, Rye, Mustang & you, being the forward-thinking modern cowpokes you are, will be shootin' them new-fangled cartridge guns. I'll stay with the old established percussion system :D

--Dawg :ph34r:

You have fun with that!! :P

Dawg;s the only one I know that shot Josey Wales with 5 C&B's!!!! Glutton for punishment, I think he may be into S&M!!! :lol:

And just what is wrong with Smoke & MoreSmoke?

And just what is wrong with Smoke & MoreSmoke?

Nothing at all, I shoot .44-40 Pale Rider loads, I love it! I'm just saying' I'm not crazy about all the work that's involved in loading C&B's! I prefer cartridges myself!

Did ya check out my by-line? :wacko:

Tyrel, Tyrel, Tyrel..........Yer missing out on the most fun you can have shootin' a cowboy duelist class.

I sold this 5.5 for a non-computer friend to Tyrel.

As I recall, it is a factory 5.5.

All the barrel printing is in the correct place too for a factory 5.5.

Stay the course Tyrel.

Them new-fangled cartridges will never last.

Bonus -- No brass to clean or load.

--Dawg

Hmmmmmm, no takers as of yet. Is this a sign that I should keep em' and shoot frontiersman?

I bought two navies and a '58 earlier this year.

Figured it'd be fun to shoot a match with them. So I loaded one, and shot the stump in the yard. Reloaded it, and shot the stump again.

Then I cleaned them and put them away.

I'd hate to load them between stages and try to do my part on posse duties.

"I'd hate to load them between stages and try to do my part on posse duties. "

Farmer Tom:

You watch the unloading table while you load.

It's easy & productive.

I can load mine within 5 shooters, even on the busiest of days.

Then I hand off the unloading table and run the timer.

--Dawg

Nothing at all, I shoot .44-40 Pale Rider loads, I love it! I'm just saying' I'm not crazy about all the work that's involved in loading C&B's! I prefer cartridges myself!

Did ya check out my by-line? :wacko:

Yep. The comment was a play on your "S&M" reference. ;)

On the C&B BP front, it is far easier for me to pour powder and ram a ball than to:

collect and soak brass,

separate and store the brass,

vibrate/tumble brass,

clear the media, maintain the media,

deprime and prime the case,

load on a press with powder, wad, and bullet, checking for proper length, size.

Capping at the LT takes about the same time as sliding the suppositories in each chamber and doesn't make me feel like I need to have latex gloves on.... ^_^:P

The cleaning is about the same (chambers take a second or more since they are not bored thru).

And, It is cheaper, too! :)

Harvey

We can all agree on loving the Fire and Brimstone! :D

BTT for Tyrel - These '60 Army's need a good home - the Pietta's are great pistols (I have several), especially with the SLix nipples!

Yep. The comment was a play on your "S&M" reference. ;)

On the C&B BP front, it is far easier for me to pour powder and ram a ball than to:

collect and soak brass,

separate and store the brass,

vibrate/tumble brass,

clear the media, maintain the media,

deprime and prime the case,

load on a press with powder, wad, and bullet, checking for proper length, size.

Capping at the LT takes about the same time as sliding the suppositories in each chamber and doesn't make me feel like I need to have latex gloves on.... ^_^:P

The cleaning is about the same (chambers take a second or more since they are not bored thru).

And, It is cheaper, too! :)

Harvey

We can all agree on loving the Fire and Brimstone! :D

BTT for Tyrel - These '60 Army's need a good home - the Pietta's are great pistols (I have several), especially with the SLix nipples!

Never caught that!!! Pretty clever, went right over my head! :blush: Yes we all love that fire and smoke don't we?? ;)

Archived