SASS Wire Forum

World Series tonight

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going for the Royals, but heckuva game tonight. Bumgarner was just superhuman. I kept thinking on short rest he's just GOTTA throw a beachball over the plate. Nope. Sure wish the Rangers could get him! Congrats to the Giants, not much more to say!

JHC

I don't think it's so much that Baumgartner is super human, and I don't mean to diminish his skills but I think it shows that the front offices coddle these pitchers today because they have so much $$$ invested. Years ago…pitchers pitched on 2 days rest, no big deal! Bob Feller, of my beloved Cleveland Indians once pitched a doubleheader!!! ;) Rye

It's no secret I was pulling for the Royals, but I want to thank both teams for a great series.

Both of them were wild card teams, no one expected either the Giants or the Royals to go that far.

The Royals proved they can play heads up with anyone. The Giants proved they can come back and win the big one.

I have never experienced such a high level of tension for so long a time at any other sporting event. It's good that I have all winter to recover.

There's a reason they call it America's sport.

It's no secret I was pulling for the Royals, but I want to thank both teams for a great series.

Both of them were wild card teams, no one expected either the Giants or the Royals to go that far.

The Royals proved they can play heads up with anyone. The Giants proved they can come back and win the big one.

I have never experienced such a high level of tension for so long a time at any other sporting event. It's good that I have all winter to recover.

There's a reason they call it America's sport.

+1 :(

Archived