SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range 2015, It's Coming Fast!

Larsen and all the Rangers--thanks for hard work. I will be closing my long run of WRs at fifteen with a pull out of number sixteen. Health issues at work has left me with the decision and I choose what I think more important at this point in time. Hope to see many of you at EOT. I will miss this great match, not to mention all the fun at the new Cowtown (sure looked forward to seeing all that was done).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy,

You're breaking my heart. :( WR just won't be the same without you! Seeing you there was always one of the highlights of it for me.

Hope everything gets better for you. Will miss you pard, and will toss one back in your honor. See you at EOT.

Larsen and all the Rangers--thanks for hard work. I will be closing my long run of WRs at fifteen with a pull out of number sixteen. Health issues at work has left me with the decision and I choose what I think more important at this point in time. Hope to see many of you at EOT. I will miss this great match, not to mention all the fun at the new Cowtown (sure looked forward to seeing all that was done).

Billy,

You're breaking my heart. :( WR just won't be the same without you! Seeing you there was always one of the highlights of it for me.

Hope everything gets better for you. Will miss you pard, and will toss one back in your honor. See you at EOT.

Thank you my friend. It has been a long, awesome run, especially since switching to FCD in 2004. I will miss so many fantastic pards, hopefully to see many at EOT. Better toss back several for me......and make them 44-40s smoke.

BB

The end of an era! Not to mention Non Stop will have to drive out alone. Who's gonna hold the sterring wheel while he relieves himself? :huh:

Seriously Billy, please get well soon. You mean the world to me, and that is not sarcasm! :D

The end of an era! Not to mention Non Stop will have to drive out alone. Who's gonna hold the sterring wheel while he relieves himself? :huh:

Seriously Billy, please get well soon. You mean the world to me, and that is not sarcasm! :D

Thanks Goody. They don't call Andy Non-Stop for know reason. Ha. The situation is mostly my boss' health and my being available for him.

Get another bronze Rose.

B

Thanks Goody. They don't call Andy Non-Stop for know reason. Ha. The situation is mostly my boss' health and my being available for him.

Get another bronze Rose.

B

Well, allrighty then. I was afraid it was what we discussed a couple weeks ago taking a change of course. :wub:

As of the last "Who is Coming to WR 2015":

732 Contestants from 46 States and 8 other countries.....

Only AL, DE, MS, and VT are not represented according to the list.

To quote Mr. Sullivan...... "It's going to be a really big shew"

I am not on the Who is Coming list, yet, at the WR site. But maybe they haven't had a chance to process my app yet.

Have you had a chance to call Sunshine Kay at Winter Range registation? She can tell you if your application was received.

I am not on the Who is Coming list, yet, at the WR site. But maybe they haven't had a chance to process my app yet.

Trust me this crew knows what they are doing. If the post office did their job they have your app. This is major crunch time for them and this massive event. They will take care of you.

Trust me this crew knows what they are doing. If the post office did their job they have your app. This is major crunch time for them and this massive event. They will take care of you.

The big if word. That is why Aunt Jen needs to call Sunshine Kay. The Who's Coming List was updated on February 8. Unless the application was sent in around or after that date we might not have it.

As of the last "Who is Coming to WR 2015":

732 Contestants from 46 States and 8 other countries.....

Only AL, DE, MS, and VT are not represented according to the list.

To quote Mr. Sullivan...... "It's going to be a really big shew"

I'm sooo excited, and next year is gonna be awesome as well. 25 YEARS!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Things are moving at a fever pace. Everything has to be done by noon TOMORROW. The first thing up is the Ranger Shack which becomes the headquarters for the construction volunteers.

P1010377_zpsbivakdcd.jpg

P1010387_zpsbe6h2lmz.jpg
Next thing that has to be completed is the Registration Booth. It opens at noon on Sunday and will be inundated with shooters for the next three or four days.
P1010370_zpsaoxy2oak.jpg
NOTHING can get done without scores of volunteers. Here are a few taking a lunch break today. These are the guys and gals that make it all happen and they will keep working during the match and will help remove everything next Sunday afternoon (March 1).
P1010407_zps5msmdz1j.jpg
P1010414_zps0nbgcbub.jpg
Even the fly boys were doing some overflight practices getting ready for the annual memorial overflights at the beginning of each wave of shooting on Thursday.
P1010416_zpsmmdizzrj.jpg

The vendors are pouring in and setting up shop.

P1010392_zps9hnxba4t.jpg

The guys installing the swinging doors on one of the vendor booths. Several vendors are having hardwood floors installed this year.

P1010402_zpsbsea0qcz.jpg

P1010405_zpskwnv93jm.jpg

There's no electricity in the vendor areas so generators have to be brought in and trenches dug for the wiring. Then wires are laid and lights and electric outlets installed.

P1010395_zpsdyrptpyu.jpg

P1010415_zpsmqmn5ull.jpg

Most of us are camped at the range so this will be the last post until after the match. Hope to see you ALL soon.

TROPICAL STORM QUANTUM

I fly, so I tend to look at the weather, and it may be relevant. The weather picture for Phoenix has been somewhat degrading in the last few days, rain coming or not, temperatures... http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Phoenix+AZ+USAZ0166:1:US

See this page for some Prog Charts. http://www.aviationweather.gov/adds/progs

And Winter Storm Quantum has decided to be a pain. More information on the progression of the storm:

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-quantum-texas-southern-plains-snow-ice

scroll down the page for this picture:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag104/seasidecontact/Winter%20Storm%20Quantum%20Monday%20223_zpsbgomicac.jpg

Good to check road conditions

http://www.cotrip.org/m/rc.xhtml?rd=31

Can not wait we leave tomorrow!!!!!!!

Is it time to shoot yet?

Billy I will miss seeing you :(

Painted Filly

We're already here, moved our departure up to miss the snow. Our neighbor said we had 12" with 3' drifts.

Worst Big Match I ever went to!

I find this an interesting statement. Having been at the range and having several conversations with members of winter range. It leads me to a

few questions

1) what made it so bad?

2) what year did you attend?

3) did you express your concerns to the staff??

I know how hard these guys work all year to make sure they put on the best match they can. And how many voleentiers dedicate their time and sweat to do it

If there are things that can be improved they want to know

Archived