SASS Wire Forum

Wanting some new grips for my roas

Blackey Cole

My ROAs are the only revolvers that I have done anything to the grips as I recall. I'm wanting to find some with the same profile as the Ruger gisley or 1860 army grips. I rally hate the standard grips on saas and Rugers they don't fit a full sized hand.

Do you know someone who makes custonmized grips who can make the grips I'm looking for. These must be done to meet the rules for sass and frontiersman and plainesman categories in particular. I'm not want anything fancy or that might be co screwed as giving me a competive advantage.

I will want a fancy wood since these are custom grips but nothing really fancy.but plain walnut would work and if thought it would survive under the strain of recoil. If I go that way I'll have them laser checkered to the diamond points. On most grips anyway unless that wood is to fancy to checker it would counter the effect/expense of the fancy wood. Something like burl wood wouldn't get checkered as woods with striping and other natural beauty to the wood some exotic woods would allow the checkering along with the exotic woods natural look. Something like buffalo horn while not a wood would welcome the checkering.

Again if you knoe of Custum grip makers that do the styles of grips I'm interested in. I can have drifter do the checkering for me I just need him or her to form the grip based on the two styles I'm interested in for te ROA frame. It will need to drop past the bottom og the grip around two inches give or take.form should be similar to the Ruger Bisley or the large army grips.

Let them get a hold of me here first I will then pm them or their agent with my email for finalizing the deal.

Archived