SASS Wire Forum

It's okay if they say no . . .

Come On Christmas

Twas fun cruising down memory lane, just the same.

IF YOUR A NO SHOW TO THE ALL SHOTGUN MATCH AT THE SHORTGRASS RANGERS RANGE SATURDAY YOU'LL BE MISSING OUT!

BELOW IS MY LETTER PLEADING FOR PAPAL DISPENSATION TO THE POWERS THAT BE WITH THE CLUB.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am bird doggin' my shotgun belt and cant seem to find it. I do have a 5 pocket carnival barkers apron that looks like it was taken off P.T. Barnum's corpse. $20's,$10's, $5's, $1's, and quarters don't cha now.

I used to sell them when I worked for my family's Concession Supply Co. They were, are, made from salvaged tent awnings.

Feel free to say no. Can I use it? Just for Saturday's Cowboy all shotgun contest, not Sunday's SASS match.

Yes, I am the few people you know who could still run away with the circus. There are two of the few reputable traveling tent, ""here in town today only", circuses in Hugo Oklahoma. Carson and Barnes and Kelly Bros. Circus. Hurry, Hurry, Hurry step right up.

The Carson and Barnes lot help knew me by name and joked that one of the women always turned up pregnant after the Peanut Man made his delivery. We had a 500 lb. converted coffee bean peanut roaster in Deep Ellum before the Deep Ellum section of Downtown Dallas got all trendy. Inbetwit us and Rudolph's Market smoking meats we stunk up the whole district. Not really, I can still savor the wonderful aromas.

Egad! if you say its okay I will have to hunt up a carnival barker 8 panel (Irish) "Go to Hell" Hat which is also historically correct, boyo.

Look forward to seeing youse guys,

Thomas J. "Crayfish" Craven

Former proprietor of Craven Brothers Concession Supply Co.

AKA Shameless Womanizer

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I WILL BE BRINGING MY NEVER BEEN FIRED 1860 Henry 44-40 AND MY NEVER BEEN FIRED BY ME FLUID STEEL 225 J STEVENS AND SONS 30 INCH 12 GAUGE HOWITZER. THE FEARED 10 GAUGE CYCLOPS WILL REAR ITS UGLY HEAD AS WELL IN A RETURN ENGAGEMENT.

i was gonna shoot both my new weapons last weekend, but hey, it didna work out. i can't think of a finer range and group of folks to share this, my joy with.

Here it 'tis

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/shameless54/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1bc4afd9.jpg

Hey, since the regular SASS shoot is Sunday . . . Perhaps my Masonic Apron?

P.S. Note the wooden nickle.

The pres said it was okay cuz I was taking the shells off my body.

Well that's a slap in the face to all those other shooters who follow the rules and wear a carnival barker's apron with a SASS approved flap.

Fillmore

Oh please. Its not even a SASS rules match.

Its a go with throttle up! The game rules is off your person. Same as every other shooter via the rules posted on they website.

A slap in the face? That is rich.

Well anyway, What would P.T. Barnum say?

And he oft repeats himself? ;)

And pretends to have a sense of humor but then doesn't...

Fillmore

I think I'm missing something here... Like... The point, maybe?

That's what I was wondering :huh::wacko: If it's not a SASS match, and you sent a letter to the Pres......why in the name of Sam Hill is he asking here?? and who was Sam Hill anyhow?? Sometimes I think he just likes to crack himself up ;):lol: Can you hear me now..................Can you hear me now....................................................................Can you hear me now.......................................................................................................................... :blink:

J :ph34r: R-E

That's what I was wondering :huh::wacko: If it's not a SASS match, and you sent a letter to the Pres......why in the name of Sam Hill is he asking here?? and who was Sam Hill anyhow?? Sometimes I think he just likes to crack himself up ;):lol: Can you hear me now..................Can you hear me now....................................................................Can you hear me now.......................................................................................................................... :blink:G

J :ph34r: R-E

First line in the body sez. "Twas fun cruising down memory lane, just the same."

Read yo PM's for MOST of the "Rest of the Story". The names were changed to protect the innocent.

Good Day

Archived