SASS Wire Forum

Threatening Hat Ajusting & Aggressive Breathing

Subdeacon Joe

How can they be threatening in those silly hats???

Good GAWD, Man! Didn't you see the thoroughly intimidating manner in which they adjusted them?

Frightening, frightening.

If you want "silly" did you ever really look at the hats our military wears?

big-u-us-army-asu-dress-enlisted-hat-126

Doesn't shade the neck, doesn't shade the ears, Doesn't afford much shade to the eyes. A next to useless chin strap.

Or

187201_ts.jpg

What genius thought that one up?

And, of course, the modern beret, to be worn with the one edge pulled down over one eye.

Only one worth a darn for doing what a hat is supposed to do is the good old campaign hat

campaign-hats.gif

(now pulling on my Nomex suit and heading for the bombproof)

Good GAWD, Man! Didn't you see the thoroughly intimidating manner in which they adjusted them?

Frightening, frightening.

If you want "silly" did you ever really look at the hats our military wears?

big-u-us-army-asu-dress-enlisted-hat-126

Doesn't shade the neck, doesn't shade the ears, Doesn't afford much shade to the eyes. A next to useless chin strap.

Or

187201_ts.jpg

What genius thought that one up?

And, of course, the modern beret, to be worn with the one edge pulled down over one eye.

Only one worth a darn for doing what a hat is supposed to do is the good old campaign hat

campaign-hats.gif

(now pulling on my Nomex suit and heading for the bombproof)

Anybody got a problem with this one? I'll meet ya in the parking lot if ya do. :P

John%20Wayne%20%20The%20Green%20Berets%2

Anybody got a problem with this one? I'll meet ya in the parking lot if ya do. :P

No sir, no problem at all. I have a hard time taking seriously most people who wear a beret, but a few have earned my respect. He's one of them. Jamie Hyneman of Mythbusters is another.

I expect an infantry company of Kiwis doing their Haka would send these peacocks runnin. :D

No sir, no problem at all. I have a hard time taking seriously most people who wear a beret, but a few have earned my respect. He's one of them. Jamie Hyneman of Mythbusters is another.

Hyneman!! Argggh!~

Well, one thing about it. When it really get hot and you need to sit under the banyan tree and sip your gin and tonic, those feathers might be useful to fan yourself.

Yes yes Sahib, more faster?

John%20Wayne%20%20The%20Green%20Berets%2

I have alot of respect for the PEOPLE who wear certain ones, but no, sorry, the beret of itself is a goofy and useless hat. And I especially didn't like it as a general-issue cover because it made us look like a bunch of third-world thugs.

Oh, it looks good on you though!

The GREEN beret is a symbol of excellence, a badge of courage, and a mark of distinction...

Gen. Shinseki should have retired early.

;)

Sure, I believe you can adjust a hat threateningly. I wouldn't have always believed it, but I know someone who got arrested for looking ugly, so anything is possible. The complaint said he was threatening someone by giving them ugly looks. But all he was doing was giving his normal look. He wasn't even involved in the argument, he was there to keep his friend from committing assault.

Yes, he was an ugly cuss, in case anyone is wondering.

The GREEN beret is a symbol of excellence, a badge of courage, and a mark of distinction...

Gen. Shinseki should have retired early.

;)

Yes is thats for sure but as a hat it's pretty useless

Yes is thats for sure but as a hat it's pretty useless

It's reasonably warm in the winter.

And chicks dig it. ;)

Archived