SASS Wire Forum

Texan looking for Florida Club shooting November 8th 2014

I've just signed up for a conference in Orlando Florida that runs from November 5th (Wednesday) through the 7th (Friday). Instead of flying in on Wed and flying out on Fri I would like to stay over and shoot with a SASS club that Saturday and then fly out either late Sat or early Sun. It appears from the SASS Clubs listing there are several clubs that shoot on the 2nd Saturday. I'm looking for suggestions and contacts for which one I should try and arrange to shoot at. I've not shot a CAS match in Florida yet and would like to take avantage of this business trip to do so. This summer I got to shoot at 2 clubs in California after attending a conference there.

I need to make my travel plans before the end of next week if at all possible.

Thanks

Scout

Okeechobee Marshalls, good bunch to shoot with!!! not that far either.... but it all depends on yur definition of far......

about 120 mi from Orlando to the club....

Hey Scout

If you go to the link below, you'll see that there is various clubs that shoot the second Saturday. The closest to Orlando will be the Antelope Junction Rangers followed by the Okeechobee group. I can't speak for the Okeechobee group but I can for the AJR.

The range is about 1.5 hrs (in the am) from Orlando and about 2 hrs in the afternoon. The match usually has between 15 - 25 shooters and ends about 2 pm. If you would like to attend, I'll supply the guns/ammo/cart and match fee if you would like. Kind of saves the headache of airlines and guns. All you would need is your leather, hat (optional) and boots (optional also). Send me a PM and I'll go into further details by phone.

The closest match to Orlando is the one on Sunday, Nov 9. at the Weewahootie Vigilance Committee that is run by my dad Cypress Sam. Can't speak for Sam either but I'm pretty sure that he'd make the same offer.

http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Florida

Let me know if you would like to go to the AJR match

Thanks, Sun

Orlando, Sunday. Great match.

Lots of fun folks to shoot with.

If your schedule doesn't allow staying until Sunday, you should consider AJR and fly out of Tampa.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sun but don't you guys have a practice shoot on Friday nights as well?

Either one would be a terrific option.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Orlando, Sunday. Great match.

Lots of fun folks to shoot with.

If your schedule doesn't allow staying until Sunday, you should consider AJR and fly out of Tampa.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sun but don't you guys have a practice shoot on Friday nights as well?

Either one would be a terrific option.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Yes, AJR has a practice shoot on every Friday night except the day before the match.....so that Friday would be out.

CS

Thanks for all the replies folks. I had not even though about checking out a match on Sunday but I'm not sure I could pass up that opportunity. CS that is a wonderful proposal you have provided and greatly appreciated, I'll send you a PM with my email contact information.

I'm now checking out what it would take to drive there and take all my stuff to shoot both Saturday and Sunday. That is exactly what I did when I went to the conference in California this summer and got to shoot at two different clubs (one Saturday and one Sunday). Think I can do this by only taking one day of vacation on the Monday following the matches. The California trip only cost me 2 vacation days. Work will pay my mileage up to the cost of airfare. I've done this several times and it makes for a cheaper vacation trip, and I get to Shoot!

Scout

Well today my new boss pulled the plug on my attending the conference, have to cancel all the reservations. Shooting in Florida will just have to be postponed. Thanks for all the replys.

Scout

Well the trip is back on!

The VP of the department that asked me to go told my boss they really want me to go. They are going to split the cost for the trip with my department. After reviewing all my options, I've decided to drive and bring all my own stuff and shoot both days. Friday after the conference is over I'll drive to Okeechobee and shoot Saturday with the Okeechobee Marshalls then drive back to Orlando that evening. Sunday I'll shoot with the Weewahootie Vigilance Committee and then start my trip back to Texas. This will only cost me 1 vacation day on Monday to complete my travel back home. Cypress Sun I really appreciate your offer and it would be great to meet you, maybe you can come shoot the Sunday match in Orlando?

Let's see - this weekend I've got my home clubs annual match, then the next weekend I've got Comin At Cha, then I get to shoot at two different clubs in Florida. This is going to be LOTS of shooting!!! OK Florida here comes a Texas Classic Cowboy to enjoy your hospitality.

Scout

Archived