SASS Wire Forum

Will wonders never cease

One of my many pet peeves is on older TV shows when some one gets shot, sometimes multiple times, there is never any blood or even a bullet hole. While watching Gunsmoke today Darrin McGavin gets shot during a gunfight with 3 guys and gets hit in the shoulder and there was a spurt of blood and a hole in his shirt. The Chinese woman who nurses him back to health cauterizes his wound with a hot iron. I'm impressed.

Nowadays on tv EVERY gunshot is a through and through. Guy gets shot from the front and blood spatters the wall behind him. Very dramatic and colorful. :rolleyes:

Even saw a guy get shot with a 69 caliber ML smoothbore pistol the other night. Yup..... in one side and out the other.

"Just got shot in the shoulder, Pard! I'll be fine in no time!" The top of the lung is high in the shoulder area. If the shot is lower, likely will hit the subclavian artery (see the scene in the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan"...the medic is using a hemostat to stop the spurting bleeding of that artery)! In the movie, "The Frisco Kid", Harrison Ford shoots one of the bad guys in the inner thigh area. Fortunately for that boyo, it supposedly just went through his chaps. Otherwise, it would have hit the femoral artery, which is usually a one-way ticket to Boot Hill!

One of my many pet peeves is on older TV shows when some one gets shot, sometimes multiple times, there is never any blood or even a bullet hole. While watching Gunsmoke today Darrin McGavin gets shot during a gunfight with 3 guys and gets hit in the shoulder and there was a spurt of blood and a hole in his shirt. The Chinese woman who nurses him back to health cauterizes his wound with a hot iron. I'm impressed.

That's because in the older TV shows they didn't shoot real bullets. -_-

Archived