SASS Wire Forum

Defend Old Fort Parker

Dream Chaser, SASS #79316

DOFP is in the books and thanks go out to Co-Match Directors Kow Katcher and Bent Barrel Betty and all those who helped them put on a great match. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting at the Fort and shooting with those with whom I got to shoot. There were several gunfighters on my posse and they were awesome to watch. Shot with some people whose name I had heard here and there and finally had the pleasure of shooting with them. You ought to see the awesome replica ammo box I won in the raffle. I would post a picture but am not good at posting pictures.

You are right, Dreamchaser. The range was outstanding and the stages were fun and fast! Beautiful weather and wonderful folks.

This is a great match for a very worthy cause: to maintain a significant historical site in Texas. And, Fort Parker is one of the few places that has "bunkhouse" lodging on the range. Slim and I will be back next year for sure.

Lil.

great match. The Fort Parker crew did a GREAT job. I really enjoyed shooting sharpshooter. Now I remember what them little pointy things on the end of the barrel are for! If you go to a match that offers sharpshooter, try it out!

Shooting from the fort blockhouse was really a treat.

I enjoyed meeting live and in person a couple of folks I've conversed with here on the wire, a well as seeing some old friends again.

First class match with a few new wrinkles. Something I had not previously seen was that when the shooter's pack was given to you, it contained a ticket good for a 5x7 posse picture. If two family members were on the same posse, they could also trade them in for an 8x10.

Hats off to posse 2 which had 4 of the top 5 shooters, overall. I don't know how we missed that Oklahoma Dee guy that came in 2nd.

Fort Parker is a great place to shoot. In addition to the bunkhouse, the blockhouse, and all the great stages, there is always an adequate number of spacious RV sites with water and electric hookups for $15 per night

Kow Katcher and Bent Barrel Betty stepped into a very challenging situation and came through with flying colors once again.

Great shoot.The ladies did great.Posse #1 was also great.

Thank You Bent Barrel and Kow Katcher, Brazos Bell and I had a great time, If you missed it well you missed a good one, Great match, Good Food, many many extras, night shoot , parlor games , wild bunch, plainsman, and a bunch of side matches. This place is full of Texas history, take time to visit, Thanks again, Crooked Bullet and Brazos Belle.

P.S. ROCK Gunfighter is way too much fun , 2 gun Johnny you not a looser after all, ( sorry you had to be there to get this one :P ). And most of to SARAH, Thank You- Thank You.

A mighty fine shoot. Excellent weather, excellent stage runs, excellent friends. Posse 5 was top shelf.

Thanks to everyone that helped put it on..

Lady Ghost and I had a great time and enjoyed seeing a lot of friends and meeting new ones. Thanks BBB and KK for a great match.

The Ghosts

Thanks for all the kind words. It's great to be surrounded by folks having a good time. Hope you will all come back next year and bring friends with you.

Want to congratulate I Reckon and Dream Chaser for being our top shooters. And Hoss for being the charter member of the sharpshooter class :).

P B Tex, Sarah has your screw knife--we are surrounded by a bunch of honest cowboys. That is another thing that makes cowboy shooters so great.

By the way, for those interested, we are going to have the " Revenge of Fort Parker" at our next monthly. Most of the same scenarios and for $5 dollars more than the regular monthly match fee, you can shoot all 10 of the stages in one day. Thought some people might want extra practice before Regional. Of course you also have the option of shooting the normal 6 stages. Hope to see all on the 3rd weekend.

KK and ditto from BBB

Kow Katcher,Can you PM me a phone number for Sarah?

I would like to see more matches offer sharpshooter. I really enjoyed the challenge. Too bad everybody else saw that I was signed up for SS and I scared them off :D From the comments I heard, there wil be several folks trying it next year.

Rifle targets are shot with pistols & rifles shoot FAR (>25 yds) targets. Good challenge, good fun for some.

Well yes and allright mighty fine! That there Sharpshooter category sounds right up my alley. Like the good ole days so many these days despise and will not shoot. I need to see about getting that going around here. Hopefully the pendulum is beginning to swing back the other way and such will take off and get more popular and gain momentum.

Archived