SASS Wire Forum

Ted Nugent Quote

Subdeacon Joe

I've never listened to Nugent's music nor do I know much about him. So I'm not ii his cult or being played. I do find his language usually more strident and in your face than necessary and I don't think he is likely to sway any fence sitters on the subject of gun control.

That said I am not about to brand anyone a coward simply because they haven't served in combat. I feel he has a right to shoot his mouth off as much as any citizen. I do wish he could dial it back and thus be more effective in his arguments. A reasoned, calm, and well thought presentation of gun rights is a better weapon in my opinion.

I don't think I'm alone in this view.

+1

I've never listened to Nugent's music nor do I know much about him. So I'm not ii his cult or being played. I do find his language usually more strident and in your face than necessary and I don't think he is likely to sway any fence sitters on the subject of gun control.

That said I am not about to brand anyone a coward simply because they haven't served in combat. I feel he has a right to shoot his mouth off as much as any citizen. I do wish he could dial it back and thus be more effective in his arguments. A reasoned, calm, and well thought presentation of gun rights is a better weapon in my opinion.

Yeah, he is passionate (strident and in your face) about expressing his views, isn't he? On the other hand, so are the antis.

Sometimes you have to play by their rules - if you go into a MMA match and try to fight by Olympic Boxing rules, you're gonna get your clock cleaned. And look how well being strident and in your face has worked for pot, same-sex marriage, and the antis.

Yeah, he is passionate (strident and in your face) about expressing his views, isn't he? On the other hand, so are the antis.

Sometimes you have to play by their rules - if you go into a MMA match and try to fight by Olympic Boxing rules, you're gonna get your clock cleaned. And look how well being strident and in your face has worked for pot, same-sex marriage, and the antis.

"How well being strident and in your face has worked?" well, let's see, gun owners are now in the closet, under concealment and terrified that their even speaking about having a gun will make them a socially shunned and legally persecuted minority, while trans-gendered, transexually, bi, gay, lesbian, aobortionist, pot smokers and anti-hunter/gun/hetero/traditional marriage activists are staging multi-million devotee rallies and bake sales.

Maybe it's just a passing thing....or to quote a famous shrink, "How's that working for you?"

Sorry, but your brand of 'reasoned, calm, statistical, rational' argument just doesn't get anyone's attention the way Ted's does.

Maybe, but I don't think just getting attention gains much.

Hi Folks,

I so agree with Bobby. In your face talk turns people off and dilutes the message. A well-mannered discussion is more likely to get people with opposing views or the undecided to listen to the message.

Sometimes, I see this here. Sigh! Once the sarcasm comes out, the people who either don't agree or don't like the sarcastic person focus on the sarcasm and not the message.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Ted is Ted. His presentation is part of his brand... any different and it might not even get noticed. Some like it some don't. I support him ;)

GG

What he was cited for was: In Alaska he shot & wounded a bear, it was not recovered. I then shot another one which in Ak is illegal.Once you "draw blood", your tag is then considered used and not valid. In California he was cited for hunting deer over bait. Legal in his home state of Texas, but a no-no in California.

Yes he blamed his producer, but IMHO he should have apologized publically on his show. Absolutely no class for a hunter.

Hi Folks,

I so agree with Bobby. In your face talk turns people off and dilutes the message. A well-mannered discussion is more likely to get people with opposing views or the undecided to listen to the message.

Sometimes, I see this here. Sigh! Once the sarcasm comes out, the people who either don't agree or don't like the sarcastic person focus on the sarcasm and not the message.

Regards,

Allie Mo

If everybody sounded the same life would be boring. Ted has his way that actually attracts some people. If it was so bad he wouldn't be invited to various events including NRA ones. He's real ...and involved more than most here for our 2nd Amendment right. Good for him.

GG

Ted has the right to speak out and in a way he chooses. It's one of the rights we have.

Both sides have screamers as well as reasoners. Both sides also have law breakers and saints. It's been proven over and over the human race is what it is.

The anti's focus on all of our reasoners and screamers with personal attacks. How exactly would you get that to change? Stop those of us you don't like from speaking out in a way you would not? really........

If everybody sounded the same life would be boring. Ted has his way that actually attracts some people. If it was so bad he wouldn't be invited to various events including NRA ones. He's real ...and involved more than most here for our 2nd Amendment right. Good for him.

GG

You miss the point. Preaching to the choir will not change the opposition's views. Harshness only turns off people who are not on that side.

Following is a link to Dr. Sarah Thompson's article, "Raging Against Self Defense..." http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Raging-Against-Self-Defense

You miss the point. Preaching to the choir will not change the opposition's views. Harshness only turns off people who are not on that side.

Following is a link to Dr. Sarah Thompson's article, "Raging Against Self Defense..." http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Raging-Against-Self-Defense

I didn't miss the point. ;) this will have to be an 'agree to disagree' moment I reckon...all I know is Ted has a huge fan base....and probably knows what he is doing.

GG

You make a good point, Ms A-mo...but it's not the point. Yes, harshness turns some people off... fact. It's also true that if there is any lesson to be learned from the politics of the period it's that the most vocal minority most often wins the day. My previous posts listed a few, but I will also list Rosa Parks, the entire civil rights movement (at which time, the right Reverend MLKing was an "outside agitator terrorizing our youth", etc.)

Sorry, but while Dr. Thompson is entitled to caution on "communicating with these people" it is not those people with whom I wish to communicate because it is proven politically pointless. Rather, my view is that what Ted most effectively does (like Rush Limbaugh) is galvanize the silent majority who have already voted with their feet and their wallets in the greatest gun buying 5 years in the history of guns.

Those folks need someone about whom they can say, "well, he has a valid point even if it's too loud for me to mimic" and then they go right to the polls and RECALL THE RECIDIVIST EMPOWERING SCUM in Colorado who Utah Bob was unable to unseat with his vote or his writing or motivate his friends who were also powerless to have prevented the passing of the gun control legislation that has now crushed the 2nd A in both CO and your own state, California.

So, it's fine to talk about how we don't want to be harsh. And entirely another to live in a place that has acquiesced by proxy to having virtually lost to a tyrannical, overbearing electorate against whom you are now forced into the long, difficult years of court battles and judicial whim.

One Nation Under Ted.

Archived